Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

SO BM can't figure out why DH won't agree to just give her back her same old weekend visitations. Really? Do you not remember that you assaulted a child and had your kids removed for the past 19 months? DH told her DSS would have to be transitioned into it because it's been so long. We're not going to just hand him back. Can you imagine how that would effect him?

Hey, you haven't seen your mom, brother or sister in 19 months for more then 3 hours, but bye for 48 hours. Uh no.

How can she not realize that's not going to work?

On top of that she doesn't understand why DH has concerns over DSS's safety around his older brother. The brother has already put his hands on him twice, been locked up in the mental institution before the age of 9 TWICE, says he can see dead people and has tried to light the house on fire.

No worries there.

I swear her stupidity astounds me sometimes.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM
How old is your SS?
Why not start transitioning him?

My daughter did a step up program for a few months. 8 hours. Then 16. Then 24. Then 48. Then back to every other weekend. It lasted about 3 months every weekend for 2. It's hard to let go of the control of having the supervised visits but the transition for the kids is not as bad as it is for the adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MellieMomma
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Quoting momof2ex1: How old is your SS? Why not start transitioning him? My daughter did a step up program for a few months. 8 hours. Then 16. Then 24. Then 48. Then back to every other weekend. It lasted about 3 months every weekend for 2. It's hard to let go of the control of having the supervised visits but the transition for the kids is not as bad as it is for the adults.

That's what we want to do.

She wants her weekends back right away. 

Not going to happen. 

We shall see what happens once she files her modification papers. 

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I don't think it would happen either. You didn't say how old ss is.

It's not a good idea to just throw a kiddo back in to an unfamiliar environment. Your dh needs to stick to his guns. Let her file for the modification and then let the judge decide. I would absolutely make sure to have an attorney to fight it. Step up is the best plan.

Quoting MellieMomma:

Quoting momof2ex1: How old is your SS?
Why not start transitioning him?

My daughter did a step up program for a few months. 8 hours. Then 16. Then 24. Then 48. Then back to every other weekend. It lasted about 3 months every weekend for 2. It's hard to let go of the control of having the supervised visits but the transition for the kids is not as bad as it is for the adults.

That's what we want to do.

She wants her weekends back right away. 

Not going to happen. 

We shall see what happens once she files her modification papers. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)