Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM Sending Stuff To Your House

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:26 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

We often discuss things not coming back from BM's.

What about if BM insists on sending something to your house that you do not desire to be there? Something you already have TONS of. The kids don't need it, you don't need it. You have drawers and cabinets overflowing with it. When you/DH tell her nicely that you/DH do not want it in the house she tells you she is bringing it anyway and sending it in with the kids. Then you can fight with them about keeping it.

I guess this could apply to puppies, kittens, babies, it doesn't really matter.

WTH do you do?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Well if she's sending insulin then absolutely keep it. Just make sure it's sealed.

Anything else - ugh I don't know how to deal with this with the kids. The puppy, kitten thing. That is simple. The answer is no. We will find it a place to live.
Toys and crap - that stuff usually disappears after a while. As do the other things they don't play with. However, I usually don't get rid of stuff that dd actually wants to keep.

But none of it has ever been a living animal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BMisSHITE
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM
we have a mudroom where the skids leave their backpacks/bags when they come on. They take the bags again when they leave for school/camp/BMs. So whatever crap BM packs in there, it stays in there. I have never cleaned out their backpacks and I never will! I don't tell BM what I do or don't want because she will do the opposite. She's a spiteful nasty person. I give her no ammunition!
Singlemama52
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Funny you said insulin! I'm diabetic lol

Quoting momof2ex1: Well if she's sending insulin then absolutely keep it. Just make sure it's sealed.

Anything else - ugh I don't know how to deal with this with the kids. The puppy, kitten thing. That is simple. The answer is no. We will find it a place to live.
Toys and crap - that stuff usually disappears after a while. As do the other things they don't play with. However, I usually don't get rid of stuff that dd actually wants to keep.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Well it's more specific to OP because BM was stealing her own child's insulin in the past.

Quoting Singlemama52: Funny you said insulin! I'm diabetic lol

Quoting momof2ex1: Well if she's sending insulin then absolutely keep it. Just make sure it's sealed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not actually a living thing for us either, I just couldn't think of much else that we could possibly have too much of, lol.

And no, we could never have enough insulin. I'd buy a second fridge to store insulin in if I needed to.

Quoting momof2ex1: Well if she's sending insulin then absolutely keep it. Just make sure it's sealed. Anything else - ugh I don't know how to deal with this with the kids. The puppy, kitten thing. That is simple. The answer is no. We will find it a place to live. Toys and crap - that stuff usually disappears after a while. As do the other things they don't play with. However, I usually don't get rid of stuff that dd actually wants to keep. But none of it has ever been a living animal.

SKW86
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Honestly do people really send animals to the OP's house?  

andie646c
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM

My BM probably would ... yeah. I could see her doing that. "They found it on the side of the road and they REALLY like it, can they keep it?" then when we say no she would say, "Well I'm bringing it anyway you can fight with them about it".

Yeah, that's pretty much what has happened here.

Quoting SKW86:

Honestly do people really send animals to the OP's house?  

Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Bm used to send the weirdest shit. Like half a baked butternut squash. Or a pb&j sandwich. Then her wedding video.

Good God....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaching_kids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Fight with them about it? Yikes!!!
Maybe talk to the kids and see what their role is since mom can't
respect your request-find out if it's the kids pushing whatever this is.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
BM did this when she moved from her mom's house 4 hours away to her own place in our area. She decided she didn't have room for ANY of SD's stuff. Never mind that SD had a full room here with clothes, toys, books, etc.

90% of the clothes didn't fit and had to be gotten rid of, a majority of the books were duplicates of ones she already had here, and the toys... well, even SD didn't want them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)