Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What makes a SM an evil stepmother?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM
  • 185 Replies

What are some of the things or actions that would give the stepmother the evil title for you?

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Resenting her husband's kids.

Interfering in the father/child relationship.

Attempting to alienate the kids from their mother.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM
6 moms liked this

This and

anything that purposefully is done to hurt or degrade the children

Quoting whatIknownow:

soooowhatnow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM
20 moms liked this
I think people in general are way to hard on stepmoms.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM
7 moms liked this

Women are generally harder on women, no matter the subject matter. You have BMs with the worst Ex on earth but someone she finds reasons to make the SM the monster, not remembering she found the same guy charming at one time.

Quoting soooowhatnow: I think people in general are way to hard on stepmoms.

destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Refusing access for the children to be with their father.

Alienating child from their mother.

Creating a hostile environment for the stepchildren.

soooowhatnow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM
13 moms liked this
Not to steal your post but if a man marries a woman with a kid and simply works and comes home to read the newspaper he is a hero.

If a SM doesn't kiss BM ass, kiss DH ass, kiss SC ass and the in laws a and BM families ass then she is a witch. If she doesn't take care of SC for DH. Mind her business when BM is trying to start shit she is a witch.

I have friends who are BM who ate very critical of me and I let them all have it

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Women are generally harder on women, no matter the subject matter. You have BMs with the worst Ex on earth but someone she finds reasons to make the SM the monster, not remembering she found the same guy charming at one time.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thinking and telling anyone that would listen that they (as pretty much 0% NCPs) could raise the child better than the CP.

Stalkerish/harrassing behavior.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

The people we know in real life are very critical of BM, primarily DH's family, since they are also not allowed a relationship with SS. 

Quoting soooowhatnow: Not to steal your post but if a man marries a woman with a kid and simply works and comes home to read the newspaper he is a hero. If a SM doesn't kiss BM ass, kiss DH ass, kiss SC ass and the in laws a and BM families ass then she is a witch. If she doesn't take care of SC for DH. Mind her business when BM is trying to start shit she is a witch. I have friends who are BM who ate very critical of me and I let them all have it
Quoting leegirl_jm:

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM
This:

And adding to the resenting part: saying things to the child to hurt their self esteem. Such as - I don't like your hair color: DIRTY blonde is so .. Dirty looking.
Or .. If you could lose some weight, you would be so pretty.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Why would you be friends with people who are so critical of you and your situation. Everyone's situation is different.

I personally don't expect anyone to kiss anyone's ass. I simply would like harmony and for everyone to just keep their mouths closed and opinions to themselves.

Quoting soooowhatnow: Not to steal your post but if a man marries a woman with a kid and simply works and comes home to read the newspaper he is a hero.

If a SM doesn't kiss BM ass, kiss DH ass, kiss SC ass and the in laws a and BM families ass then she is a witch. If she doesn't take care of SC for DH. Mind her business when BM is trying to start shit she is a witch.

I have friends who are BM who ate very critical of me and I let them all have it

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN