Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM and ss13 have issues

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 17 Replies

so you may recall awhile back, BM found out ss13 has a little gf and was pissed. she flipped out screaming and took ss13 phone away, called the girl and acted all cray cray w her then called SO at 1 am, to which he told her to call back in the morning and then called him at 7 am about this. SO told her he did not have any problem w ss13 having a gf, they are supervised and he is at "that age". she disagreed and SO gave no fucks. she later talked to her friends about it and they also told her she overreacted. so she hasnt talked about it again and gave SO ss13's phone to give back.

since then, ss13 has not gone to BM's. he refuses. i dont know whats going to happen when school starts (he goes in her district). BM does not try to make ss13 go over there either. over the weekend, BM told us she was going to garlic fest w her new bf. SO told ss13 that his mom may be there and he said "well she better not act crazy or i will embarrass her in front of her new bf" SO told him he better not disrespect his mother and to just stay w him and he wouldnt allow BM to act crazy.

what should be done in this sitch? im not doing anything personally but what do you think should happen? BM doesnt try to get him to go over there and SO doesnt try to make him either.

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codysara
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Im kind of surprised that you haven't addressed this sooner. School is about start. If ss chooses to stay with you in your district that is a lot of paperwork to get done. I personally dont agree with gf at that age, but it would never stop me from having my kid.
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM
I think someone needs to encourage them to patch up their differences. That's all ridiculousness...

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM

well, SO was not even a virgin at that age. and i doubt BM was either. which i can see both sides... her not wanting that for him and SO says "Well at least hes not as bad as i was."

idk why SO hasnt addressed it. BM hasnt either. ive always predicted ss13 would eventually live here, he and BM butt head over everything.

Quoting codysara: Im kind of surprised that you haven't addressed this sooner. School is about start. If ss chooses to stay with you in your district that is a lot of paperwork to get done. I personally dont agree with gf at that age, but it would never stop me from having my kid.

codysara
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Parents should always want better for their kids. So she might think it is easier to not have the temptation that comes along with a gf.
Can ss choose where he wants to live at 13 in your state?
I think your SO needs to address the school thing right away.

Quoting faerie75:

well, SO was not even a virgin at that age. and i doubt BM was either. which i can see both sides... her not wanting that for him and SO says "Well at least hes not as bad as i was."

idk why SO hasnt addressed it. BM hasnt either. ive always predicted ss13 would eventually live here, he and BM butt head over everything.

Quoting codysara: Im kind of surprised that you haven't addressed this sooner. School is about start. If ss chooses to stay with you in your district that is a lot of paperwork to get done. I personally dont agree with gf at that age, but it would never stop me from having my kid.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:46 PM

im not sure. this wont go to court though, SO and BM hate court.

im not sure what BM's reasoning was. she has had an army of bf's come through the house in the past few years so she should maybe lead by example?

Quoting codysara: Parents should always want better for their kids. So she might think it is easier to not have the temptation that comes along with a gf. Can ss choose where he wants to live at 13 in your state? I think your SO needs to address the school thing right away.
Quoting faerie75:

ladybugchick317
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Why don't they get a modification of the co so that ss can live with your guys?

codysara
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Leading by example might be a great idea however the reality is she is an adult.
I hope this works out fast for you guys. Court sucks but it is there for a reason.

Quoting faerie75:

im not sure. this wont go to court though, SO and BM hate court.

im not sure what BM's reasoning was. she has had an army of bf's come through the house in the past few years so she should maybe lead by example?

Quoting codysara: Parents should always want better for their kids. So she might think it is easier to not have the temptation that comes along with a gf. Can ss choose where he wants to live at 13 in your state? I think your SO needs to address the school thing right away.
Quoting faerie75:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

they dont want to go to court. they both hate court. she prob would let him stay here as long as he dont modify support. and he wont because the support right now does not reflect his OT.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Why don't they get a modification of the co so that ss can live with your guys?

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:55 PM
I think BM should try to patch things up w/her son.

We go through this sometimes w/BM and SS15. They will have a argument, SS will refuse to go over there when it's time and she's fine w/it. She told DH she doesn't want him to come if he doesn't want to. Usually when that happens she will call mid week to make up w/SS.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM

well its been weeks :/

and it must bother her because she told her gramma. ss11 told us that the gramma asked him if ss13 wants to be at dads just so he can see his gf (ss13 has ALWAYS preferred to be at dads) and ss6 piped up "no, he hates it at moms and i want to live at dads too!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN