Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How many family reunions are "just too many"?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 31 Replies

My husband's family has a family reunion about every year. Just wondering how many is too many....oh and by the way, they all live near each other??

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM

idk. as long as they like them ^shrug^

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Uh... Idk... 100 a year seems like too many. Yearly reunions, however, are normal in a lot of families....
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

once a year sounds reasonable to me

we have one every year-but the odd years is pop's family even years is Mom (my grandmother's)'s family.

I love it because then i get to see my great aunts and uncles I wouldnt normally get to see.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Once a month?
morgiefae
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM

we have 2-3/year. i love it

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Depends on the family.  I have some family members I've not seen for over 20 years, and I'm still good with it.  I have other family members that I haven't seen since last month, and I really miss them. ;) 

I have friends who go to the annual family reunion every year, and have since they were young and their parents took them, the size of the family and reunion just keeps growing, and the family comes from 'all over' as some even live outside the US now. 

Are these reunions somehow 'required attendance' reunions?  What happens if someone doesn't attend? 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Once a year sounds reasonable to me.

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM
We get together at least once a year everybody on my moms side but a lot of us that live close to our camp will see each other every couple of weeks... I love my family I like spending time with them. Why?
MBanks524
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I think family reunions are great!!
lovemywhiteshoe
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM
We have one with just our local family every year around Easter and then we have a huge one where family travel from all over every 2 years. We just had one a few weeks ago with a couple hundred people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)