Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

29 yr old step mom to a 27 year old a**hole

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM
  • 74 Replies
I'm so confused. I'm a great person. My husband is 61 today his daughter is 27 very close in age to me I'll be 30 in September. She just had her first baby, Le, my step grandson will be 2 in September. In the mean time I babysit like 4 days a week overnights baths shopping etc. I'm at a stay at home mom with a 6 year old of my own. She and I have always remained civil bc we do get along and certainly love her dad to death. And the baby bc I'm with him a lot. She now feels like I'm overbearing with wanting to keep the baby, she said she is sorry for being greedy with the baby but her and him smoke weed and play ps3 all day evenwhen she has the day off they treat him like a pawn in a chess game not to mention hygenically, living quarters are disgusting and not suitable. ..would anyone like to attempt to read into thus and give me some sound advice so she will stop telling everyone that I'm trying to steal her baby?
thank you in advance love always heather
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM

im sort of lost. so you always got along w your husbands daughter and watch her child and now she wants more time w her child? well, it is her child.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM

She is the mom.  If she says no thank you to babysitting, say OK. 

I won't even touch the age factor, but every mother-in-law needs to learn appropriate boundaries and recognize that they don't get to dictate how the daughter-in-laws raise their children.  maybe if you just respected her choices, things could go more smoothly.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM
8 moms liked this

Oh.  And stop calling her an asshole.

3kids2014
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Smoking weed would explain the paranoid feeling she may be having by calling you a baby steal-er. She is not in her right mind and you must remember that when you are communicating with her. Can you tell when she is high? If so that is when I would not try and have a meaningful conversation with her. 

Although you are not describing the best parents on earth it is more important to know that the baby's needs are being met. If you fell strongly that the child is in jeopardy then I would call CPS. 

KeepOnTryin
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody that is actually a great person goes around saying they're a great person. Just sayin. . .

Maybe you should just take care of your 6 year old son and don't worry about other people's children quite so much. Of course if they ask you to babysit and you want to, go for it.

I'm not sure a call to CPS would do any good, unless of course their house is really, really, really nasty (hoarders, for example.) Everyone has a different idea about housekeeping. She's probably very busy with two small children. Maybe you could hire a cleaning company to come in as a gift if it truly bothers you. . .

Quoting missheather313: I'm so confused. I'm a great person. My husband is 61 today his daughter is 27 very close in age to me I'll be 30 in September. She just had her first baby, Le, my step grandson will be 2 in September. In the mean time I babysit like 4 days a week overnights baths shopping etc. I'm at a stay at home mom with a 6 year old of my own. She and I have always remained civil bc we do get along and certainly love her dad to death. And the baby bc I'm with him a lot. She now feels like I'm overbearing with wanting to keep the baby, she said she is sorry for being greedy with the baby but her and him smoke weed and play ps3 all day evenwhen she has the day off they treat him like a pawn in a chess game not to mention hygenically, living quarters are disgusting and not suitable. ..would anyone like to attempt to read into thus and give me some sound advice so she will stop telling everyone that I'm trying to steal her baby?
thank you in advance love always heather
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Well, it is her baby. Its is nice of you to babysit, but, you seem to be judging her as a mother, and it seems to be pushing her away.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:44 PM
5 moms liked this
No fucking way
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:06 PM

This is a good point. I probably would not let anyone babysit my child, if they thought I was an asshole.

Quoting pdxmum:

Oh.  And stop calling her an asshole.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM

that's what I just said.....what is the purpose of marrying a man old enough to be your grandfather?!

Seriously OP-if she wants to be with her child-that's her right.

Now if she's just leaving the child with you and her father and saying you're taking her time away from her child-then maybe you need to stop watching said child.

*shudders*

Quoting WifeyC: No fucking way

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

*smacks forehead*

Walks out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)