Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Just a hormonal vent

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 36 Replies

I am a pregnant,  hormonal raging bull.  First pregancy for me. 

My MIL watches the skids during the day.  My DH gets home at 6pm and I refuse to come home until he is there because my MIL is not very pleasant to be around and the skids (boys 6 & 8) are always super hyper and hard to control.

I walk into the house last night at 6:45pm with pizza.  First of all MIL is still there and parked in my spot in the garage as usual so my pregnant ass has to go back and move my car after she leaves.  I walk in and say "hi guys" to everyone.  No response of course per usual from the skids and MIL.  But as I am putting everything down on the counter oldest Ss comes up and yells in his nasty voice "when your baby cries YOU are going make your room in the BASEMENT and take your baby so we don't have to wake up all the time!!!!!"   and MIL encouraged him saying "yep.  when you boys are in school J is going to have to go in the basement with the baby so she doesn't wake you guys up".  WTF?!   Babies cry.  Do they not realize how loud they themselves are?!  And why is an 8 year old and a person who does not even live there telling me
 what I am going to do in my own f-ing house with my own baby?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not "oh hi J"  or god forbid "thank you for bringing pizza".  You know, ANYTHING even remotely nice and/or polite.  Can't even just walk in the door without a blast of negativity aimed at me. 

Exhale. 

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HalfDozenKids06
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM
4 moms liked this

This is where my hormonal ass would have lost my hormonal shit. 

Did your DH say anything?

kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM

What did DH say to this? 

aeELE
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
This for sure.

I'm crazy hormonal just on my period. I can't imagine what pregnancy will do to me.

DH would have been all over that in my house. And if he wasn't he'd end up like a praying mantis.
He would also be the one to move my car to let MIL out.

Quoting HalfDozenKids06:

Jen-ash
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM

My DH didn't hear any of this go down because he was in the bedroom changing out of his work clothes.  I was floored and all I managed to fire back with was "looks like baby and I are going to need our own house!"  and then I went in the bathroom to escape for a minute.

Quoting HalfDozenKids06:

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM

My Dh would be all over their asses.  Not ok.

Sept-babies2
by Patriot's Fan on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Wth!! Im sorry..I would have lost it. This isnt you being hormonal. That was rude and you have every right to be upset. I think dh needs to have a talk with mil.
Wednesday800
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM
If DH wasnt there to hear it for himself, then it needed to be brought to his attention as soon as he re-joined the group. When he comes back from getting dressed, simply say that you were taken back by what SS and MIL just said and you would like them to repeat it (in front of DH) so that you (and he) could be clear on what you just heard. DH needs to know exactly how you are being treated by members of his bio-family, so that he can deal with it (and move your car into the garage after MIL leaves)
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy fuck. My dh would have lost his damn mind on mil and any of the kids who said that. And so would I. MIL would be notified that she had worn out her welcome and to not come back.
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM
7 moms liked this
I would say "sweety you can go to basement and take your grandma with you, so you don't have to wake up, when my baby cries" :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Oh fuck that noise.

MIL can watch those children at her house.

How dare they.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)