Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off "going ham"

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 45 Replies
Lol "harder than a motherfucker" (term cracks me up)

I am level headed and a nice person 97%of the time but I have my bitch moments. I have been known to flip shit on my own kids. I wouldn't on the skids but if I'm pissy I have been short.

Any of you? Sometimes I feel bad cuz I scream at mine and then wonder if the skids think I will scream at them? (I don't, but I will tell them I don't like something)
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM
BM is a shoe thrower and has chased skid w broom before that has nothing to do w me I'm just putting the perspective that they have seen a mom flip shit lol
GloBug62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I don't scream per say, but I do raise my voice and that's when SS knows I'm really pissed off. SS gets fair warning when he's pushing my buttons. He is warned to let something go, or walk away because it's not a debate he wants to have with me. If he keeps pushing then I don't feel bad when he makes me mad and gets yelled at.

I have been known to get mad at him for things that weren't his fault. I'm not too big to admit when I'm wrong though, and I have apologized for getting upset with him for things that were not his fault.

I'm a highstrung person. My first reaction can be worse than it really needs to be. I'm working on it, but I've been that way my whole life.

Things that make me fly off the handle consist of having to repeat myself more than 2-3 times; asking for something to get done and it's not done or it's half-assed; being expected to be someone's housekeeper; consistently losing stuff that I paid for; being selfish or entitled; being impolite; "forgetting" to do the same thing over and over again even though you did every day for a year before that, and not taking accountability for your actions. Drives me bonkers! I realize these are all things that kids just tend to do, but it still drive me nuts. It makes me even more insane when adults do it.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Oh I scream. It's rare but I do. Mine are things that put me out, disrespect (really that's only ds16) and nt understanding something (that's all me. Lol)
Ol--Akasha--lO
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I have to get loud sometimes. I have 4 kids 8 and under though. I've thought about getting an air horn or a buzzer or something lol
GloBug62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

SS's BM screams and curses at him frequently. Before she started doing that with him, she did it to his older sister all the time. She also gets into screaming matches with her husband on the phone. BM is truly heartless when she is mad. She will and has said some of the worst shit I could ever imagine a parent saying to a child. So not that it makes it okay, but I know when I get upset, my outbursts are nothing in comparison.

Quoting faerie75: BM is a shoe thrower and has chased skid w broom before that has nothing to do w me I'm just putting the perspective that they have seen a mom flip shit lol

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.  

KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I think the worse I've done is I slammed a door once, then promptly apologized and communicated about what I was upset about. I'm not much of a yeller. 

I know BM has hucked spoons at the boys, shoes and books and yells so loud they cover their ears and they duck and cover (witnessed it once)

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a screamer.  Not often.  But, it has happened.  Damn near everyone that knows me close has seen me "go ham".  It takes a LOT but when it happens.....OH MY GOD. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I have 3 teens, 11, 6 and baby all boys lol

Quoting Ol--Akasha--lO: I have to get loud sometimes. I have 4 kids 8 and under though. I've thought about getting an air horn or a buzzer or something lol
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM

this is my stepkids BM-she will use anything she can-she's thrown furniture/books/plates of food/shoes/she's chased SD13 with a spatula around the house-she's very violent.

As far as me-it takes a lot to get me from point A to point B=I will raise my voice to the kids but not banshee screaming.

DH and I have been known to get physical with each other-and I"ve gotten physical with my own siblings for good reasons.

I don't go looking for a physical fight,usually a timeout and a cooldown-then a talk can help.

Quoting KarmaBusDriver:

I know BM has hucked spoons at the boys, shoes and books and yells so loud they cover their ears and they duck and cover (witnessed it once)

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19239274?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227014565961&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41886763270&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34455853630&veh=sem

this is always a great option! I'm looking to get one of these myself.

Quoting Ol--Akasha--lO: I have to get loud sometimes. I have 4 kids 8 and under though. I've thought about getting an air horn or a buzzer or something lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)