Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM is threatening to have hubby jailed!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 171 Replies
My husband recently had his visitation order changed so that he is solely responsible for picking up his two girls and paying their transportation costs for pick up. His kids live in California and we live in Georgia. The judge also ordered that their mom was solely responsible for picking them up AFTER their visit with their dad. Well summer is about over and now she is claiming she has no money to get them and that she will call the police if he doesn't bring them back. We are not rich ourselves and we know for a fact she will not reimburse us. She has been saying she will not abide by the judges order. Any advice on this at all? I mean its always her way and my husband always gives in but this time he has had enough but we don't know what to do and no money for a lawyer. We have been handling court ourselves anyway. Please please any advice would be great! Thank you so much!
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM
46 moms liked this

no, he wont go to jail. he has a copy of the order and he tells the cops that she simply has not picked them up. this was an upcoming expense she should have planned for.

Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:23 PM
17 moms liked this
My advice? Keep the kids until she can abide by the CO. They are with their own parent, and mom knew she had to have the $. Mommy made a choice here. And there are consequences. How SILLY will she look going to court or calling police, and exposing her....um...MISTAKE?

Let her do it. Its a civil/family thing. Not criminal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Which state was the new CO written in?  GA or CA?

Bresmom13
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM

There is a CO that she is responsible. If anyone gets in trouble it will be her for not abiding by it.

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope. She is free to call the cops they wont do anything because Dad is following the order and this is a civil case not criminal. I would eventually file for custody if mom does not pick them up.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea what you should do, but I can tell you that since Dad is following the CO he will not go to jail.  She knew she had to pay to have them fly back and it's not Dad's fault she didn't do that.  She's hoping to get her own way if she threatens him.

samantha0906
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Quoting jules2boys:

GA
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Then DH has nothing to worry about, IMO.  You're in GA, the CO is written in GA, GA has nothing to 'gain' by trying to change the terms of the CO that they wrote.  IF it was done in CA you 'might' have other issues but since it's written in GA, I think (I've not experienced this, just my opinion) your DH is fine and it's up to BM to uphold her end of the CO that she's agreed to. 

Quoting samantha0906:
Quoting jules2boys:

GA

Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 3:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Laugh her off and have a nice time with her children and their father. Life is too short to worry about BM.

Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherann1123
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 3:27 PM
11 moms liked this

Just remember to document everything! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN