Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How on earth did this happen?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

The SK's went back to BM's yesterday. I really miss the little buttheads and the house is too quiet. Okay, as quiet as it can be with the 3 still here. 

If the newbie's here only knew what my first two years were like, lol! Amazing how things change when a SM reflects on herself and her own behaviors and controllable's! 

Going from dreading every visit and detesting every summer, to actually tearing up while stripping the beds and realizing it will be 7 weeks before they are back again.... Boggles the mind! 

by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bubbles2014
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM
I have recently started missing my skids when we don't have them for a five day stretch, which occurs every 6 weeks. I think it's due to them being older/ more relatable. So, I hear ya!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveInTheNow
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I know the feeling. Been in Sd's life for a little over 4 years now and it still tears me up when she goes home. After summer vacation is even worse, DH and I get her for one more 4 day block before its back to once a week and every other weekend. So sad :(

Sept-babies2
by Patriot's Fan on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I have sd every day all year but mil has been taking sd a lot and im so used to her being here that when she is gone for a day or two I miss her.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Ss13 finally went to BM's for a few days. I'm glad they are talking but ya he is missed. He and ds16 miss each other too
codysara
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Thats tough. I couldnt imagine going that long without seeing him. It would absolutely upset my boys to not see him that long either.
afwife817
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I miss my SDs like crazy. They will be home next week after being gone a whole month at the grandparents. Ugh
mamatink7
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM

we cannot stand any of the times that any of the kiddos leave our home. even though we talk on the phone several times a wk, it doesnt seem like its enough. all of us just count down the days/ wks until they come back over. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN