Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

ask ALL the other parents first

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM
  • 79 Replies
I told DH a long time ago not to demand that I do shit for his kids.

I said make sure all the other parents can not help first.

Why can BM have a night free? Both sets of grandparents are relaxing? Where are the godparents?
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soooowhatnow
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I hate that the SM is supposed to take the work but have no say!
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

So dont do the work.

Quoting soooowhatnow: I hate that the SM is supposed to take the work but have no say!

***Briterican***

soooowhatnow
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I dont
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM

your DH doesnt listen to you or respect you thats why. idk what his reasons are. maybe he doesnt respect women. maybe hes lazy.maybe hes just a lying POS, idk.

lonelymoon
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM
O.o
Oliviasmom72
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Why are you still with your DH? Do you think this marriage is going to magically get better?

XXanonymousXX
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
DH and BM in my sitch have 50/50 no CS. BM looks at it like on DH's time it's his responsibility to provide care for SD. If he can't he needs to find someone who can. I'm theory I can understand where she is coming from.

Just because he can't do it, for whatever reason, does not mean it needs to be me. But on the same token, it may be better for us financially if it is me. It depends.

But, why wouldn't grandparents and godparents get a night off? Should godparents really have more responsibility than a SP?

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

You have not once posted anything remotely GOOD or likable about this guy. 

soooowhatnow
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM
If the godparents were at the baptism vowing to help then they are more responsible than I am

Quoting XXanonymousXX: DH and BM in my sitch have 50/50 no CS. BM looks at it like on DH's time it's his responsibility to provide care for SD. If he can't he needs to find someone who can. I'm theory I can understand where she is coming from.

Just because he can't do it, for whatever reason, does not mean it needs to be me. But on the same token, it may be better for us financially if it is me. It depends.

But, why wouldn't grandparents and godparents get a night off? Should godparents really have more responsibility than a SP?

XXanonymousXX
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I know all situations are different. And if I felt DH was taking advantage of me I would take a huge step back in the responsibility department. But, as my husband's wife and as my SD's SM, I definitely don't feel that it is the godparents, or even grandparents, responsibility to watch SD at the drop of a dime. It's one thing to take advantage of your wife's good nature. It is another thing entirely to take advantage of your parents, your ex's parents or the godparents that way. That's just my opinion.

Quoting soooowhatnow: If the godparents were at the baptism vowing to help then they are more responsible than I am

Quoting XXanonymousXX: DH and BM in my sitch have 50/50 no CS. BM looks at it like on DH's time it's his responsibility to provide care for SD. If he can't he needs to find someone who can. I'm theory I can understand where she is coming from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)