Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

more OT upset

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

my mom is still at her and my dads house. she says he hid their account info from her. also, she saw her old therapist and the therapist is concerned for her welfare and advised her to call senior services for my dad.

i told her to come to my house (i am closer than my sister) and she said she is ok because she is barricaded in her room :(

(my mom is leaving my dad because he is mean and old and senile and a hermit and he put her cat to sleep and didnt tell her)

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM

spet all last night crying about that and my son wanting to quit football.

OvrMyHead
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Faerie, you have all kinds of stress raining down on you all at once here.  Hugs! 

bottomline
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there an elder abuse agency you can call on behalf of your Mom? She is not in a good spot and they may offer her services/resources to change her current living situation asap.  Is your Dad suffering from dementia? Or has he always treated her like this??

Hugs to you woman! I know it stinks to watch your parents struggle, especially when you are concerned for her physical safety.  They almost become your children in some cases, and that thought can be overwhelming.  Big, big hugs to you!

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM

it sounds like your Father may have a form of dementia. Has he been tested? Can you speak with their doctor with your concerns? 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM

yes he is senile or has dementia. but he still is lucid sometimes. my mom said hes been mean for 20 years but from my perspective he is more dismissive and insensitive. but he has gotten worse. like he cut off her auto insurance and told her to get her own and types of financial abuse. my dad has a fat ass pension and stock interest and plenty of money to be comfrotable but refuses to use the air to the point is 95 degrees in the house. hoards. my mom got herself a window unit and stays in her room when she is there but usually  she is never there she goes and stays w my sister in san diego. she is going to move there.

my mom retired from being a cook at head start. she doesnt get much.

Quoting bottomline:

Is there an elder abuse agency you can call on behalf of your Mom? She is not in a good spot and they may offer her services/resources to change her current living situation asap.  Is your Dad suffering from dementia? Or has he always treated her like this??

Hugs to you woman! I know it stinks to watch your parents struggle, especially when you are concerned for her physical safety.  They almost become your children in some cases, and that thought can be overwhelming.  Big, big hugs to you!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM

he wont go. he wont go anywhere hardly. hes a hermit.

Quoting tiafez:

it sounds like your Father may have a form of dementia. Has he been tested? Can you speak with their doctor with your concerns? 

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM

the main thing is her going. do you think she's in any danger?

bottomline
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Dementia is a rotten, life sucking illness.  Even though he may appear lucid, he is not fully capable of making financial decisions.  It makes people paranoid, like everyone is trying to steal their money, or everyone is out to get them.  They do unthinkable things because they lose the ability to reason out consequences.

It's awful what he has done but he needs medical help.  Getting him the help he needs will not only benefit him, it will benefit your Mom as well. 

Quoting faerie75:

yes he is senile or has dementia. but he still is lucid sometimes. my mom said hes been mean for 20 years but from my perspective he is more dismissive and insensitive. but he has gotten worse. like he cut off her auto insurance and told her to get her own and types of financial abuse. my dad has a fat ass pension and stock interest and plenty of money to be comfrotable but refuses to use the air to the point is 95 degrees in the house. hoards. my mom got herself a window unit and stays in her room when she is there but usually  she is never there she goes and stays w my sister in san diego. she is going to move there.

my mom retired from being a cook at head start. she doesnt get much.

Quoting bottomline:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I THINK physically she is ok. My dad has beer been violent. He neve even spanned me lol. She is leaving but she wants to get her shit together

Quoting tiafez:

the main thing is her going. do you think she's in any danger?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)