Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

WHAT TO DO with Bio Mom selling the clothes we buy for kids?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM
  • 60 Replies

I know this maybe a demon everyone fears or deals with. But to explain my scenario, kids are with DH while Bio Mom gets visitation. She is highly known for selling the kids clothes and this stopped when we stopped buying them name brand clothes. I felt this year they shouldn't have to suffer since  their mother cant stop selling. Since of their age however, which is 14 and 17, I have left up to them to keep track of their own clothes if they wear clothes over there and leave them then it is their responsibility to bring back or they take the chance of it being possibly sold at a consignment store. They understood only cause they knew their mother did that and they are the ones to find that she did that and told us about it. So they are taking the risk cause they are old enough. Was I wrong to put this responsibility on them?  We have had come to Jesus meetings with their mom but she don't care she will hide the clothes if it gains her some possibility of turning it in for money for her. It makes us irate but in reality the kids are the ones that suffer. But we felt they are old enough and if it comes up missing its their own mistake and fault. But they cant of course go bareback to school. So has anyone else had this and if so what other routes have you taken to stop this behavior with the other party. I just want to stop the behavior.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Stop allowing them to take the stuff to BM's so she can't sell it.

It's that simple

mistyann00
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Its not that simple. She wont buy for them so what are they to wear from her house to school? They leave with her clothes, those stay there and she has nothing there to send them with so are they to wear the same clothes to school they wore the day before?

pusheen-kitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly.

If they are at your house , keep everything you buy there. Have them bring the clothes she buys with them so they can go home with them.

Why would BM do this? Is it a mental or monetary issue?
mistyann00
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Thats the things she wont buy for them in fear of us doing what she is doing, knowing we wouldn't do that. But this is where the issue lies.

Tranquil_Octopi
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Have clothes set for BMs house. 

cdrainey3
by Cher on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM
How often are they at bms?
CFSTBSM27
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:14 PM
That's a little tough. Part of me says don't send sh*t to BMs the other part says it's not fair for them not have anything... Mmm does SD17 not have a little part time job where she can buy some of her own clothes?
I'm just gonna go with not sending anything but what they came with..
Why is she selling their clothes?
Who is CP?
Have you discussed it legally or can prove BM is doing this?
Boobear110
by Audra on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Buy cheaper clothing to send to BM. Go to the consignment shop and get them. 😄

DDDaysh
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, they aren't going to be leaving BMs house naked, so I guess if they leave their good clothes over there, they'll be wearing to school whatever they were wearing when they left BMs house.

This isn't rocket science and they are teenagers. They should be able to figure it out.
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Can they keep a change of clothes in their lockers for when they get to school?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN