Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

"You love her more than me"

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM
  • 242 Replies
1 mom liked this
That's what SD said to DH tonight. Because he read DD a bedtime story and not her. DD is 7, SD is 13. Surely she can read herself a bedtime story. When does the stupid comparisons of who is the favorite stop?
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM
22 moms liked this
Maybe Dh needs to make some special time for sd
Boobear110
by Audra on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM
17 moms liked this

Never if she never gets the reassurance she needs from Dad and feels like an outcast in the home. 

She probably does feel that way and from your posts neither Dad or you have given her any reason not to. 

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like she needs time with DH. Why didn't read to both of them? Why not let her read to him?
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Your husband does favor your kids over his first kids why does this surprise you?
tinybluemoon
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Because it has never been an issue before. DH reads to our two DD's every night he is home, and SD has never batted an eye. Tonight she decided she suddenly cared and cried herself to sleep over it. DH offered to read to her, but she didn't want him to then because 'you love her more than me.' Ridiculous. 

Quoting MBanks524: Sounds like she needs time with DH. Why didn't read to both of them? Why not let her read to him?

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Realize this CHILD is pregnant and hormonal...enough said.

Dad should be doing all he can for her...even if that means reading her a bedtime story.

(And yes my DH reads to all 3 of our kids who are 13/10 and 8)

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm thinking her hormones are making her emotional. I understand you think it's ridiculous. I don't think she should have got to bed upset enough to cry to sleep. She needs to be reassured and some quality time with dad. He should have calmed her down before bed. I honestly feel bad for her.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Because it has never been an issue before. DH reads to our two DD's every night he is home, and SD has never batted an eye. Tonight she decided she suddenly cared and cried herself to sleep over it. DH offered to read to her, but she didn't want him to then because 'you love her more than me.' Ridiculous. 

Quoting MBanks524: Sounds like she needs time with DH. Why didn't read to both of them? Why not let her read to him?

babie113
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:14 PM
5 moms liked this
Shes 13 and pregnant? Shes crying for attention from her dad .make him give her some .daddy daughter day every week
DDDaysh
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM
9 moms liked this

Quoting tinybluemoon:

She's pregnant, hormonal, bored out of her mind, and all but abandoned by both of her parents.  She's made to feel like she's a burden, and almost no one seems to have a nice word for her.  I can't imagine why she's upset.  How about showing a little empathy insteady of calling her ridiculous? 

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM
12 moms liked this
Yep maybe if daddy spent more time reading to his daughter instead of with his gold digging side piece when she was younger she wouldn't be a pregnant 13 year old.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Realize this CHILD is pregnant and hormonal...enough said.

Dad should be doing all he can for her...even if that means reading her a bedtime story.

(And yes my DH reads to all 3 of our kids who are 13/10 and 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)