Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hating BM?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 31 Replies
3 moms liked this
What's with all the hating BM, BMW is terrible... blah blah blah nonsense?

I have more reason than most to hate the BMs in my life.

I don't and won't. I may not like them, their choices or their impact on my life sometimes. But I don't hate them.

Hate takes up to much time and energy that I can use toward the kids, and my life.

They are the SKs mother's. Regardless of custody and legal issues... they are MOM!

I am a CSM and a BM. You could call me overstepping, BMs are not involved or are not allowed to be involved for legal. I function "like" a mom in our house. But I am not to 5 out of the 7 kids.

Don't hate. that impacts you. NOT the BM. You are wasting your time and energy. I vent I get irritated. But I don't hate.

Let your DH shield you from BM. Live your life!
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Seriously.

I love when somebody tries to bring up the laundry list of things BM did - she cheated, she was more interested in partying vs. being a wife, she took off. Why is that a complaint? If she hadn't done that, wouldn't she still be with BD?

Whenever someone complains about what BM did wrong, I think to myself that it was her loss and my gain.
kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

How are you doing? Is BM still at her folks? 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM

honestly I dont give that woman another thought...it's like DH said (in my sitch) oh well her loss,your gain!

It's not worth the time and effort.

kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

BTW, I'm pretty sure all the BM's now cause tooth decay and gingervitis. Mosquitos too! We can blame BM for those. I hate those nasty things! 

So much venom and hate lately. They want to hate because they have to have a target. Who cares if she cheated on him years ago.

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Good beside health issues.she is. It's an uneasy peace on our side. But No dramaexcept she wants to be my bestie. She still only sees the kids supervised but We try to make time for that as much as possible. She is also clean, in therapy and starting school! Yay!

Quoting kellynh:

How are you doing? Is BM still at her folks? 

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm can I blame my tumor on her too and global warming.

Quoting kellynh:

BTW, I'm pretty sure all the BM's now cause tooth decay and gingervitis. Mosquitos too! We can blame BM for those. I hate those nasty things! 

So much venom and hate lately. They want to hate because they have to have a target. Who cares if she cheated on him years ago.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
ALSO!

When someone bitches about how much they hate BM, but then adds - "But SK doesn't know how I feel" or "But I would never say that in front of SK."

I always wonder how true that is. Kids are very observant and perceptive. You don't have to verbally say, 'I hate your mom' for a child to pick up on your feelings.
kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Absolutely! Endangered Species are also the fault of BM. 

Quoting thecircus8: Hmm can I blame my tumor on her too and global warming.
Quoting kellynh:

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Exactly my point. These are the same SMs whohave trouble with SKs. They pick up everything.

Ss7 has said recently that he loves the fact that his circus and Mom are friends. We are not, Well at least on my end.but I don't hate her, and I am so happy that she is getting her life together.

Quoting progressandjoy: ALSO!

When someone bitches about how much they hate BM, but then adds - "But SK doesn't know how I feel" or "But I would never say that in from of SK."

I always wonder how true that is. Kids are very observant and perceptive. You don't have to verbally say, 'I hate your mom' for a child to pick up on your feelings.
kellynh
by Kelly on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I think kids are highly intune to the feelings people give off. They learn them at birth through touch with their Moms. We get desensitized the older we get. 

Quoting progressandjoy: ALSO! When someone bitches about how much they hate BM, but then adds - "But SK doesn't know how I feel" or "But I would never say that in from of SK." I always wonder how true that is. Kids are very observant and perceptive. You don't have to verbally say, 'I hate your mom' for a child to pick up on your feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN