Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I usually get along with her....BUT I AM PISSED (Kinda long)

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:17 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

The BM in my situation is still very much in love with my husband. But even with that we have been civil to each other. We hang out and take all the kids to do activities, so on and so forth. There is a lot of history between us, but since I am the primary care provider for my step son we have had to put a lot of this behind us. We had to. It's just what we had to do to make things work. 

But the other day, she overstepped. BIG TIME. She started talking about having a baby. Mind you, my SS is non functional, non verbal ASD. He will need round the clock care for the rest of his life and I do most of it. I have him more than 85% of the time and do his schooling, his Dr appointments, his his therapies. All of it. So of course, I am thinking who the hell is going to watch this child? Well, she answered it. ME. Well, my husband and I have been looking into a surrogate for us, considering that I can't carry any more children. So, I brought that up. Well, she got very upset by that news. Told me it wasn't a good idea to think about having a child. I didn't even ask why because I was a little upset. So, she leaves. And I went and met my husband at work and he goes so, I got a text from Susie (name changed) and she asked me something. Being curious, because I usually do the communication between them too, I asked "Oh? What's that?" Well, she asked him for.....HIS SPERM!!!! The BM, asked MY HUSBAND for his SPERM!!!! My husband laughed at her and told her no. But, I'm beyond hurt and pissed. And I want to punch her in her face!!! Ugh!!! I don't think I even really needed advice just to vent.

So this is the End Of Rant. Thanks for listening. X)

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Woah ....

I'm all for being civil and polite with BM, but I would never share such intimate information with her.
LadyLogik
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:39 PM

We have been "friends." Why wouldn't I share information like that, especially if she is sharing information with me. Friends share things like that with each other.

I was sharing information with a friend. That's all.

Quoting progressandjoy: Woah .... I'm all for being civil and polite with BM, but I would never share such intimate information with her.

LadyLogik
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I am upset, by the fact that she is wanting to have another baby, that I am supposed to watch. Which is ridiculous. I already have a SS. And I am upset that she would think that it is even okay to ask my husband for his sperm. Like, really? Would you ask your BF for his sperm after he gets married?

cdrainey3
by Cher on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Well now you know she's not a true friend. Or not a friend I would want. Don't share such personal things with her.

Quoting LadyLogik:

We have been "friends." Why wouldn't I share information like that, especially if she is sharing information with me. Friends share things like that with each other.

I was sharing information with a friend. That's all.

Quoting progressandjoy: Woah .... I'm all for being civil and polite with BM, but I would never share such intimate information with her.

smileandnod
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:47 PM

That is gross, OP. Sorry. I would want to run away screaming from that situation. Who on earth is pathetic enoug to ask a remarried ex for such a thing? Ew. 

malinda74
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Why would you be responsible for BM's new baby? Asking for your DH's sperm? That's just special.
LadyLogik
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. It hurt me so bad. Because I honestly thought we were friends. And I knew there were unresolved feelings about my husband, but I thought we put them behind us and mended it into a friendship. We do a lot together.

Quoting smileandnod:

That is gross, OP. Sorry. I would want to run away screaming from that situation. Who on earth is pathetic enoug to ask a remarried ex for such a thing? Ew. 

smileandnod
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this

your husband's ex is not your friend!

Quoting LadyLogik:

Thank you. It hurt me so bad. Because I honestly thought we were friends. And I knew there were unresolved feelings about my husband, but I thought we put them behind us and mended it into a friendship. We do a lot together.

Quoting smileandnod:

LadyLogik
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM

She told me she would pay me to watch said new baby if she were to have one. I don't know why she would feel like I should be responsible for it. She is a little special. Always has been.

Quoting malinda74: Why would you be responsible for BM's new baby? Asking for your DH's sperm? That's just special.

LadyLogik
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I obviously get that now.

Quoting smileandnod:

your husband's ex is not your friend!

Quoting LadyLogik:

Quoting smileandnod:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)