Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

biggest challeenge?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:43 AM
  • 9 Replies
Just wondering what are some of the challenges you face as a step parent. Thanks: )
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wednesday800
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I would say my biggest challenge is dealing with the conflicting personality difference between myself and my SS,;which I think could exist for any parent and child relationship, but for which there is no maternal bond to help overcome those differences.
bottomline
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Not letting bm occupy any room in my head, even though she was/is very HC and aggressive.  It's hard to ignore someone when they are constantly coming for you.  It's necessary though, for my happiness and for my marriage.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Putting myself in DH's position i.e. understanding his perspective.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I think my biggest challenge I will have to face in the future is my now 14 (almost 15) year old DD. She is slowly coming around but still gives BF a "hard time" by going to her room & refusing to get to know him. She even admitted that she is afraid he will leave us like her dad did.

BTW she sees her dad maybe once a month, sometimes 2 depending on his work schedule.

tiafez
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM

the biggest challenge for me was not trying to take over. Not my kid, have to respect the parents roles and let them raise their kid their way. It was tough but got easier in time.

pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I think my biggest challenge was being able overcome the lies about me from BM to the SKs, without badmouthing or showing BM in a bit light to SKs.  That is the worst thing a SM can do.  It, of course, took time, but was well worth the wait.  

XXanonymousXX
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My biggest challenge remains not letting BM piss me off. Everything about the woman would aggravate me to no end if she were a total stranger. Having her pop in and out of my peripheral vision is enough to drive me crazy if I let it. But I've come far enough to keep her in the periphery, so that's something.
andie646c
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I would have to say my biggest challenge was going from a mother of 1 to a mother of 4 pretty much overnight. It is unbelievably hard to schedule 6 people.

After that, the biggest challenge is letting BM's shenanigans roll off my back. She does some pretty crazy things that just make no sense whatsoever.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:18 PM

My biggest challenge has been letting go of what I cannot control (BM and her drama) and not letting it take over my head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN