Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

C/o thanksgiving. ..explain this to me...

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM
  • 26 Replies
C/o rotates holidays. ..however thanksgiving is different. It says parent a has odd years and parent b has even years starting at 6pm Friday to Sunday. Thanksgiving is obviously on a Thursday. Does that mean that one parent technically will not have thanksgiving with the child ever?
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbles2014
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Whoevers year it is should have the kid from Thurs thru Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BubbsJNL
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

If that's how the CO is written, it's REALLY badly written.  If you're not high conflict, point it out to the other parent and file an amendment with the court.  If you are high conflict, say nothing and talk to the attorney about how to get that amended without starting a firestorm.

Mine has the holidays split like that but it NAMES the holidays without giving any days/times.  We also don't go by it, by and large, and made up our own schedule based on when our families get together.

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM
We rotate thanksgiving every other year
MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM
We get her for half Xmas day every year
hershey6
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this- that makes no sense unless for some reason it is the Friday before and you get a week for the holiday? (That seems highly unlikely though). I would make sure you get it figured out sooner rather than later though or it could really mess the holiday up for everyone.

Quoting BubbsJNL:

If that's how the CO is written, it's REALLY badly written.  If you're not high conflict, point it out to the other parent and file an amendment with the court.  If you are high conflict, say nothing and talk to the attorney about how to get that amended without starting a firestorm.

Mine has the holidays split like that but it NAMES the holidays without giving any days/times.  We also don't go by it, by and large, and made up our own schedule based on when our families get together.

oranguglad
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Weird. Who typically has the child Thursdays?

In our case, bm always have MT, we always have W-H. so that is exactly what that would mean.

In cases where thursday rotates, then obvioulsy the actual day of thanksgiving would rotate, and the weekend would rotate, but not necessarily coincide, which would be weird.

DDDaysh
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Technically, yes, if that's how it's written and the child is typically with the CP on Thursdays then the CP would what's have thanksgiving. Odd...
codysara
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Your CO may have a typo. ..yes it happens.
It needs fixed if it is high conflict.
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Is it a typo? Maybe should say Wednesday instead of Friday? That doesn't sound right?
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Is there anything else before that statement to help explain?  For instance, DHs CO alternates thanksgiving but clarifies the weekend so both parents have part of thanksgiving weekend.

What is the regular visitation schedule?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN