Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How's the new school year going?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM
  • 28 Replies
I am teaching again and I love my job. I chose the teacher I wanted for my second grader and 5th grader. I moved my 9th and 10th graders to my school district to attend. I wasn't satisfied with the quality of education they were receiving at our home district. My 9th grader is in special ed and they were not following his IEP. I'm possibly taking them to court for violating his rights. My Sd goes to school in the opposite direction but she also got the teacher she wanted. I'm hate the kids having to wear uniforms. Clear or mesh backpacks suck. We are just back to a packed schedule. We're about to start cheerleading, gymnastics, boyscouts, girlscouts, track and cross country.
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aeELE
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM

SS has another year before kindergarten (he's a few weeks past cutoff), but he's starting a new pre-k/daycare- so that's exciting!  This is also his first year of rec soccer, so that's super fun! 

I'm glad you're so happy with how your school year looks. Here's to a good year all around. ;) 

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Starts next Tuesday here.

I'm going to miss the slower pace of summer. Too many activities, homework, running here and there. I wish we had another month!
MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM
My SD's birthday was a little to late and so is my youngest sons bday. How did your child like the new prek? My son got moved into the next higher room. He loves daycare. Soccer is fun....awe! Yes to a good new year!

Quoting aeELE:

SS has another year before kindergarten (he's a few weeks past cutoff), but he's starting a new pre-k/daycare- so that's exciting!  This is also his first year of rec soccer, so that's super fun! 

I'm glad you're so happy with how your school year looks. Here's to a good year all around. ;) 

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM

We just had meet the teacher night.  They start Tuesday.  DS's teacher resigned yesterday.  YSD's teacher is a flake and I'm not sure about SS's teacher.

I started back Monday. 

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I know right! It goes by to quickly. I had to go to work a week and a half before them. Very hectic schedule and seems like not enough time

Quoting sara82lee: Starts next Tuesday here.

I'm going to miss the slower pace of summer. Too many activities, homework, running here and there. I wish we had another month!
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM

We have started. DD has started her marching band for the last month. The kids go back next week. We find out the older 2's schedule friday and YDD's teacher tomorrow. 

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM
What?! She resigned just now?! Are the kids excited? How's the other teacher a flake? Are you a teacher?

Quoting Polkadotted:

We just had meet the teacher night.  They start Tuesday.  DS's teacher resigned yesterday.  YSD's teacher is a flake and I'm not sure about SS's teacher.

I started back Monday. 

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM
What?! She resigned just now?! Are the kids excited? How's the other teacher a flake? Are you a teacher?

Quoting Polkadotted:

I started back Monday. 

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Yeah, and I've taken on extra classes this semester (online and one night a week) . . 4 in total, and one is for grad school. I'm going to go under! I'm starting to put it all on my calendar and I'm feeling overwhelmed between the kids, work, and school.

Quoting MBanks524: I know right! It goes by to quickly. I had to go to work a week and a half before them. Very hectic schedule and seems like not enough time

Quoting sara82lee: Starts next Tuesday here.

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM
What grade is dd in? Marching band seems nice.:) are the kids excited? Did you request certain teachers?

Quoting soonergirl980:

We have started. DD has started her marching band for the last month. The kids go back next week. We find out the older 2's schedule friday and YDD's teacher tomorrow. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)