Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Please tell me why everything boils down to jealousy

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 194 Replies
11 moms liked this
Why, whyyyyy does everything boil down to BMW being jealous of SM or visa versa?!

I'm a SM and yes, the BM has tried to make my families life miserable but never to any avail. I simply do not understand the concept of a woman being jealous of someone else caring for their child. As long as there is mutual respect and reasonable guidelines why can't it be a productive relationship between SM and BM. I mean, if it didn't work out with the BM and the child's father then why not move on in a positive direction and try to do better for the child. Why is successful co-parenting so unappealing for some ladies?

Why are egos so hurt over a man that it blinds a woman from realizing what's best for the child(ren).

Please help me realize what's going on.
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM
11 moms liked this
I have no idea. I am a mom and i have never felt jealous that the man I divorced moved on. I was happy he finally was out of my hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I doubt it's due to jealousy. I am of the opinion that mom and stepmom needs no relationship period. 

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:41 PM
5 moms liked this
I just read a reply to another post about how often sm is jealous of bm. I can't comprehend that at all. Jealousy is the last thing I feel about her.

I feel like this is a stereotype that isn't as often true as people think.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

What is BMW?

WickedPissah
by Cup Cakes on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM
7 moms liked this
Me either.
But I envy those that can parallel park, it looks so damn easy but I can't do it.

Quoting momof2ex1: I have no idea. I am a mom and i have never felt jealous that the man I divorced moved on. I was happy he finally was out of my hair.
DoingMyBest87
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:45 PM
4 moms liked this
I should have mentioned I'm a BM too and everyday I am ecstatic I divorced my ex husband. I would think other women would be too but I guess not. If he ever found happiness with someone and she and I respected each other I don't see any need to dislike each other or make my child's life hard when it comes to co parenting.

Quoting momof2ex1: I have no idea. I am a mom and i have never felt jealous that the man I divorced moved on. I was happy he finally was out of my hair.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea, I don't understand BM's issue, I don't think it is jealousy, I have never wanted a relationship with her, she made all attempts at contact with me and I cut her off.

WickedPissah
by Cup Cakes on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
What if he did meet someone that threw a fit every time you talked to him, blamed you for wanting him back. Constantly bitched about having your kid come visit, bitched that you didn't use child support for the kid.

Quoting DoingMyBest87: I should have mentioned I'm a BM too and everyday I am ecstatic I divorced my ex husband. I would think other women would be too but I guess not. If he ever found happiness with someone and she and I respected each other I don't see any need to dislike each other or make my child's life hard when it comes to co parenting.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I can parallel park like a MoFo.

I envy those with nice nails.

Quoting WickedPissah: Me either. But I envy those that can parallel park, it looks so damn easy but I can't do it.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that often it is the bitching and complaining and nagging and needing to be in the middle and be 'respected as a parental figure' that causes some of the conflict.

I thought it was all in my head until it was recently confirmed by a third party that is witness to the things I've experienced. It's not jealousy. It's about control and issues from childhood.

Quoting WickedPissah: What if he did meet someone that threw a fit every time you talked to him, blamed you for wanting him back. Constantly bitched about having your kid come visit, bitched that you didn't use child support for the kid.

Quoting DoingMyBest87: I should have mentioned I'm a BM too and everyday I am ecstatic I divorced my ex husband. I would think other women would be too but I guess not. If he ever found happiness with someone and she and I respected each other I don't see any need to dislike each other or make my child's life hard when it comes to co parenting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN