Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Mom is not a part of the family in Dad's home

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 97 Replies

Do you agree with this? Do you think this means Mom is not Mom to her child all the time?

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SKW86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM
4 moms liked this

I am not apart of my exh's family he has now. Do i want to be FUCK no! I have my family in my house he has his in his house. Does not discredit me being 100% mom.

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree with it along the same lines as I'm not the teacher when my kids are in class, but I'm always, 100% of the time, my boys mom. I just am. I'm nit part of that family in that home but I'm always, 100% their mom.
ramita
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM
4 moms liked this
My SS hasn't seen or heard from his mom since February or March of 2013, and she is still is mom. Nothing anyone says or does (including her) will change that. Anyone who thinks they can change that for a child who still has an active mom (including a crappy one) is really fooling themselves.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Sure but is Mom a part of the family in Dad's home just because she is Mom.

Quoting ramita: My SS hasn't seen or heard from his mom since February or March of 2013, and she is still is mom. Nothing anyone says or does (including her) will change that. Anyone who thinks they can change that for a child who still has an active mom (including a crappy one) is really fooling themselves.

XXanonymousXX
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:39 PM
10 moms liked this
Mom is not a part of dad's family, mom is not a part of SM's family, but she is part of SD's family. The bottom line is that dad and SM need to respect the fact that mom is SD's family. And, IMO, mom needs to respect that dad and SM are SD's family as well.
ramita
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this
She's a part of SS's family, but not mine or my DD's. When you blend a family it is just that. Kind of like a Venn Diagram. She is oe one side (as would be her husband and kids if she had one), my DH is on the other side with me and our kids, and my SS is in the overlapping part.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Quoting ramita: My SS hasn't seen or heard from his mom since February or March of 2013, and she is still is mom. Nothing anyone says or does (including her) will change that. Anyone who thinks they can change that for a child who still has an active mom (including a crappy one) is really fooling themselves.

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Bm is SMS mom all the time, no matter where she is. However she is NOT part of OUR family and she has no sayso in our home.
thecubanator
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Mom is still mom but not while SS is here with us just like DH isn't dad when SS is with BM. However, if we happen to be together during the week then I will gladly step aside for BM to be Mom even if it's during our week.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Exactly.

Quoting ramita: She's a part of SS's family, but not mine or my DD's. When you blend a family it is just that. Kind of like a Venn Diagram. She is oe one side (as would be her husband and kids if she had one), my DH is on the other side with me and our kids, and my SS is in the overlapping part.
Quoting leegirl_jm:

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM
3 moms liked this
She is not "our family"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN