Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I thought your bm's issue was with me... NOPE >.>

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM
  • 21 Replies

Asks for diapers repeatedly. dh keeps "forgetting" Her new bf has to help her. Blah blah blah. No big deal right? Honestly I'm p*ssed. I reminded him to get them. Repeatedly. No, we didn't really have the money to get them right then, but WE can stretch money a little further to make sure SD doesn't go without. "I'm not helping her when she's made no attempt to get a job or help herself" Blah blah blah. All she asks for is diapers. Then make up an excuse about how things are just really tight and you didn't mean to forget and get mad at BM when she's like "You made your own decisions, it's on you. I tried, I did my part" UGH! Maybe I should just give her my number so she can ask me instead >.> cause if I'd had known shes been asking for a box of diapers for two weeks, I'd have went and got them myself. I can work our budget around enough to do that. May not have cash through the week, but sd would have diapers. 

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pero3
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you should concentrate on ensuring that you'll have enough diapers for your own child once it arrives! The father doesn't have a great history of ensuring that this is the case.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM
4 moms liked this

Stay out of it.  Better yet, leave his deadbeat ass so you don't share in her frustration.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Does your boyfriend have a court order to pay child support?

codysara
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
How terribly frustrating. Do you live close by? Maybe instead of contacting her you can anonymously leave diapers at her door?
tiafez
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

He knew and let his child go without?  and he can't afford diapers for one but is about to have another? My only advice is to start worrying about the one you're going to have because he will let you down too and you're going to have to go it alone. My thoughts are with you and your little one to come. 

XXanonymousXX
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I know it seems like a great idea to just have her contact you. It would be under other circumstances, like if it were MIL asking for diapers or his friend asking for beer money. But I would not, under any circumstances, get in between SO and BM. They have their own problems, of their own creation. If you get involved you become the bad guy when someone doesn't like what you have to say, not only with BM but with SO.

Why would you want to put that kind of stress on your relationship? For me any nominal gain wouldn't be worth the sacrifice. Especially when BM is a PITA that is disrespecting my home, as you've posted about before. And especially if SO isn't fulfilling his responsibilities. Why would you want to step in for him and allow him to make his responsibilities yours?
TheQueenOfChaos
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Honestly, in a way I don't blame him.

I freaked about letting my DD go without, so every time ex asked for something, I sent it. Diapers, formula, food, clothes, etc.

I lost every nice outfit of hers I ever sent, a brand new $300 car seat, multiple coats (I bought 6 in one winter because he wouldn't send her coats back unless it was snowing outside), plus the money on all I supplied him with.

Turns out , he had someone giving him money to get her things all along. He was using that money for other stuff, even bought himself a $1000 guitar. That was the last time he was ever given anything. If he couldn't provide for her, I wouldn't let him take her.

I get where you're coming from, because it is hard to see a little one go without, but he's right, she chose to have a child and she needs to start being responsible for that child. This includes getting a job or looking into welfare assistance.
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Who asks for box of diapers for two weeks? she is not getting CS?
Both parents seems irresponsible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM

What am I missing with this story?

CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Sigh cluster fuck... Some people like having trouble I guess?
Sorry but you do have a choice to not deal with all that crap...
Why are you involving yourself anyway ? You don't need to speak to BM or discuss her with DH. He sounds like a real lame ass a child on the way and another child in diapers, with two women yea I wouldn't trust his ability to prioritize in the first place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)