Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in a though spot. help???

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:42 PM
  • 24 Replies
I've called cps on my stepdaughter mom twice, nothing has come off it. I feel i need to call again, but I feel like if i call again they are going to see it as me just causing problems (they are in a HUGE custody battle) and im not.. especially if nothing comes of the call again.

SD has no bed, shes never clean or dressed properly (doesnt even have clothing that fits) I've found odd bruises on her before.

I dont want it to end up reflecting badly on me. I know i can call and not give my name but what I've heard from many people that work in the cps office they won't take it as seriously :/ I wish I could just have someone else call for me. I will eventually call. I just cant have my hubby around wheni do it
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM

How old is your SD? Is she in school or daycare?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Could dad take her to the doctor to verify the bruises?

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Why can't your DH be around when you call? Certainly he is aware of your activities. If he is not, why?
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Good eye! I missed that part!!!

Quoting LyndaLoo78: Why can't your DH be around when you call? Certainly he is aware of your activities. If he is not, why?

mags355
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Hmm....yeah that is a tough spot and sounds like it could be an issue trying to get someone to call for you. Why don't you just wait 30 min between each call? Then it won't look quite as bad. *69 them and use a different name each time. That way they think it is different people calling. Except in reality it's just you.

But hide in the closet when you do it so your DH doesn't know.
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM
I'd like to know this too.

Quoting LyndaLoo78: Why can't your DH be around when you call? Certainly he is aware of your activities. If he is not, why?
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Going to guess her husband is not on bored with his wife calling cps multiple times.

sheramom4
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this

What do you mean by odd bruises? My children often looked like they had been beaten with a bat when they were younger. Active kids mixed with genetic clumsiness will do that. 

Maybe mom is not dressing her in what fits because she doesn't want to send good clothes to your home and cleanliness goes out the window on a busy day. How do you know she has no bed? A bed is also not a requirement. A place to sleep is. Do they co-sleep? 

And then the big question...why are you hiding these calls from your husband?

stopmommielee10
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:17 AM
My SD had no bed at her house, BM used to have her sleep in same bed as her until she could get her one. She also used to be dropped off in clothes that never fit, presumably because she didn't want her good clothes over our house. So we had clothes here for her & guess what, when she went back the following week she was sent home in same clothes. If she transfers houses between school days make sure to tell BM to return clothes. Also kids always have bruises on them,esp a clumsy kid. If you feel there is real abuse, document document document! Thats all you can do. CPS will not intervene unless serious accusations.
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:00 AM
2 moms liked this
How old are you? How old is SD? How long have you been around? How long have BF and BM been divorced? Why do you need to hide your calls from your DH? If SD doesn't have a bed at BMs, where does she sleep? Does any of this bother SD or DH, or are you the only one bothered?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)