Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody watch Grimm?? (and an update on SD)

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

Grimm is filmed in the same city that SD's hospital is in. Several of the cast members showed up at the hospital today to visit with the patients. So, today we met Sasha Roiz (who plays Captain Sean Renard), Bree Turner (who plays Rosalee), Reggie Lee (who plays Sgt Wu), and Danny Bruno (who plays Bud).

They were all super nice and posed for pictures with SD and with our entire family.

SD was THRILLED, we LOVE Grimm. In fact, their offices are located in the same building as some of the offices for DH's employer. DH has seen several of the cast and crew coming in and out.

DS was SO excited. He's been talking about it non-stop since it happened.

SD is doing well. She has as lot of reflux issues with being flat and trying to eat, so we've had to find the right medication for her for the nausea and vomiting. We think we've finally found it, and she was able to eat today and keep all of her food down. My cousin and his wife sent her an edible arrangement and she ate a bunch of the fruit today (as was nice enough to share with DS and DDs cause SD is a sweet girl).

DH is still staying at the hospital with SD. We (me, DS, and DDs) are going to go back up tomorrow and spend the day with SD and DH. BM has said that she'll sit with SD Monday and Tuesday (two of the days I can't be there). We have to figure out Wednesday, but I'll be with SD Thursday and Friday. DH has been living at the hospital, he leaves at 8:30 M-F for work and then gets back to the hospital around 6:30. 

We're hoping SD's drain tube will be removed Thursday evening so that she can come home Friday. If not, it'll be removed Friday and she'll come home Saturday.

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdrainey3
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Good to hear she's doing a little better! Glad bm can at least be there for two days. Hope it didn't inconvenience her too much!
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Thanks!

We're getting ready to head back up there to hang out with SD and DH :)

Quoting cdrainey3: Good to hear she's doing a little better! Glad bm can at least be there for two days. Hope it didn't inconvenience her too much!

cdrainey3
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Have a good day! :)

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Thanks!

We're getting ready to head back up there to hang out with SD and DH :)

Quoting cdrainey3: Good to hear she's doing a little better! Glad bm can at least be there for two days. Hope it didn't inconvenience her too much!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM

So glad she is doing well.

im not sure why I don't watch Grimm.  Friends of mine own Bridges Cafe & Catering in North Portland and they catered for a couple of years for the cast and crew.

I should watch it.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM

It's a great show. Plus, it's super cool to see so many places I recognize and I've been.

SD is still doing great. I'm still anxious about what will happen if this doesn't work. 

Quoting pdxmum:

im not sure why I don't watch Grimm.  Friends of mine own Bridges Cafe & Catering in North Portland and they catered for a couple of years for the cast and crew.

I should watch it.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Ha! I'm in bed with a migraine and discovered it is on Amazon Prime. Watching the first episode now.

When will you know if this worked?

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

It's a great show. Plus, it's super cool to see so many places I recognize and I've been.SD is still doing great. I'm still anxious about what will happen if this doesn't work. 

Quoting pdxmum:

I should watch it.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Whenever the remove the drain tube, which is supposed to be either Thursday evening/Friday morning.

I ended up with a migraine today too, so we're not headed up to the hospital to visit :( But, we're going to bring dinner and dessert up to DH and SD tomorrow and have dinner together. Since the kiddos don't have school on Tuesday we can stay a bit later than usual.

Quoting pdxmum: Ha! I'm in bed with a migraine and discovered it is on Amazon Prime. Watching the first episode now. When will you know if this worked?
Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

It's a great show. Plus, it's super cool to see so many places I recognize and I've been.SD is still doing great. I'm still anxious about what will happen if this doesn't work. 

Quoting pdxmum:

I should watch it.

kellynh
by Kelly on Nov. 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Yes! I'm totally jealous! :) Though, I want to see the baby! I'm glad there is an end in sight  to the long stay!! 

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM
I'm glad to hear she's doing well minus the reflux! It's nice the cast came to see the kids there
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Two doses of imotrix, lots of Advil, pseudofed and laying in bed all day with a heating pad on my neck allowed me to binge through 6 episodes.  Didn't even watch Walking Dead!  

I love it.  So much fun.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Whenever the remove the drain tube, which is supposed to be either Thursday evening/Friday morning.

I ended up with a migraine today too, so we're not headed up to the hospital to visit :( But, we're going to bring dinner and dessert up to DH and SD tomorrow and have dinner together. Since the kiddos don't have school on Tuesday we can stay a bit later than usual.

Quoting pdxmum: Ha! I'm in bed with a migraine and discovered it is on Amazon Prime. Watching the first episode now. When will you know if this worked?
Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Quoting pdxmum:

I should watch it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)