• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: What's Your Parenting Style?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

Every mom has a different way of raising her kids. From the Tiger Mom who wants her child to succeed to the Free Range Mom who gives her kid lots of independence to the Helicopter Mom who oversees everything her kid does, we’re all trying to do the best we can. So where do you fit in?

Take our CafeMom quiz to find out what parenting style best describes you.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamallama329
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Free Range Parent, and proud of it.fingers crossed

Cafe AmyS
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM

ahahahaha I'm a helicopter [parent!

but I wasn't. I knew where my kids were and what they were doing and maybe that's because they had a dedicated sport from 4th grade up, my butt still has bleacher caluses. 

I like these tests but if you can't explain your answer, you get pegged as a type. 

CStarz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM

My hubby is more of a helicopter but I'm more of a CTFD (calm the F down) kind of parent. I'm mostly free-range with judicious monitoring pepperd in- depends on the circumstances- where we are, with whom, etc. For instance if we're at the play ground I keep a good eye on them from a respectful distance and encourage them to work things out with other kids- I only interfere if someone is crying or genuinely hurt.

FreedomTruth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I got attachment parent which says "Your number-one goal is to make sure your child feels loved, and boy do they ever. They do a lot on their own, but they know they can always turn to you for some gentle guidance and a helping hand if they need it." The description is correct, but I never would have assumed that would be considered attachment parenting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)