Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious of both SP and BP opinions on this

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you agree with the comment made?

Options:

Yes, I agree

No, I disagree

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Just curious of what both SP and BP opinions are on this comment, IT IS NOT FROM ME. This was posted on another page I am a member of. Someone had posted a meme suggesting they were against fathers only getting 4 days a month visitation (the fathers that want to be involved), in my state 50/50 is pretty customary but I have been learning that is not the fact for all states. Below is the comment:

In response to a meme questioning the fairness of 4 days a month with dad.

Absolutely! When a man abandons his family what does he expect. As much as one would wish the father could be there every day. It's his choices that led there.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I disagree with the comment but I am not for 50/50 custody generally.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM
5 moms liked this

How does one even reply?  Is every divorce caused by the abandonment of the father?  Is the mother always just a poor victim?

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:09 PM

.It depends on the specific situation, what the child thinks and if the visitation is for the child or the father. Did all the men who have 4 days leave their relationship?

MySunshine220
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM

The belief of the person who had made that comment yes believes that women are always the victim.

Quoting pdxmum:

How does one even reply?  Is every divorce caused by the abandonment of the father?  Is the mother always just a poor victim?

codysara
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this
This... I know some hoes who should have never been housewives that ruined the marriage..

Quoting pdxmum:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this

its not always the fathers choice. sometimes mom left. sometimes mom is the one who cheated. sometimes its no ones fault, they just werent good married.

someone with a very narrow minded view must have made that comment. that or it was colored form only their own experience.

Paradoxx
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not agree with the comment.  Then again, I do not think 50/50 is in the best interest of the child.  In every 50/50 situation I've ever seen in action, one parent is still the primary parent.  50/50 just made it harder to make sure the child's needs were taken care of.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM
This.

Quoting soonergirl980:

I disagree with the comment but I am not for 50/50 custody generally.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Is the one who leaves always the bad one and the one that is left the victim?

Quoting pdxmum:

***Briterican***

whatIknownow
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I did not see the original meme. But in my case, Dad got 4 days a month, and even that was too much. He eventually dropped it down to less than 1 day a month.

But he did not abandon his family. I was the one who left him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)