Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Again

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 23 Replies
We apparently have the skids all weekend. We are going Christmas shopping today. When SO told me last night that BM was dropping them off (he wasn't home) I asked how he thought we were going to shop w them. He said "we can take them" I didn't say this but fuck no way in hell I would stay home. I did sa that was not a good idea. Then he said we would leave them home.

It has gotten so that every time I talk to SO and tell him I am tired of picking up BM's slack and having the kids every single solitary weekend, I get ONE weekend out of it then it's back to kids every weekend. Also, he does not let me know when the kids are coming probably because he knows I don't want to be responsible for them every weekend and he doesn't want to hear me say it.

Some of you will say "how would you like it if he said your kids need to away" I'm not telling his kids to go away. But 1. When we met, he was eowe and my kids lived w me full time as their dad lives far away 2. BM receives support and fought tooth and nail for primary custody. That is perfectly fine by me as I never cared to be a mother to other ppl's kids especially when they are perfectly capable. 3. 6 boys in a house is too much noise mess and food, I feel like running away from home 75% of the time. 4. MY own kid is GONE for the break but I have someone else's 3 kids here so I don't get a break and even better, j work full time and get to come home to a fuckin mess and have to cook. Sometimes I just want a glass of wine and to give the baby some pbj.

I'm tired of having to address this w SO. I love him but this is making me resentful. I don't ind extra time but I do mind every single aexond they are out of school. I'm tired of BM not doing a god damn thing.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MBanks524
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I'm sorry. I can see both sides. I have 6 kids. I know how messy the house gets, how much food they eat, and the stress that comes with it. I also understand him wanting his children as much as possible. You can't make BM want to take them. Can you go away for a night of relaxation?
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Don't really have money.

I try so hard to just deal w it. I love him and he is great in every other way. I know he's doing it for them and not BM but I really struggle w that. I feel like who's fuckin happiness Is more important Hers or mine? Logically it's his kids happiness but I feel like we are doing her job. I'd be more sympathetic of she was a crack head but she's not she is capable but she wants to do whatever the fuck she wants and he makes it too easy for her.

Quoting MBanks524: I'm sorry. I can see both sides. I have 6 kids. I know how messy the house gets, how much food they eat, and the stress that comes with it. I also understand him wanting his children as much as possible. You can't make BM want to take them. Can you go away for a night of relaxation?
MBanks524
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
The kids are what really matter. Try to think of them when you get upset and think of it as her loss. She is the one that is losing out on all that precious time with the kids. She will regret it at some point. Try to not think about her. I know it's easier said than done. Do you have a good friend you can visit and watch chick flicks? Something relaxing to take your mind off the stress! Good luck

Quoting faerie75: Don't really have money.

I try so hard to just deal w it. I love him and he is great in every other way. I know he's doing it for them and not BM but I really struggle w that. I feel like who's fuckin happiness Is more important Hers or mine? Logically it's his kids happiness but I feel like we are doing her job. I'd be more sympathetic of she was a crack head but she's not she is capable but she wants to do whatever the fuck she wants and he makes it too easy for her.

Quoting MBanks524: I'm sorry. I can see both sides. I have 6 kids. I know how messy the house gets, how much food they eat, and the stress that comes with it. I also understand him wanting his children as much as possible. You can't make BM want to take them. Can you go away for a night of relaxation?
Ol--Akasha--lO
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I would say you could come stay with me for a the weekend but SS was thrust on me last minute as well. Oh and I just bribed the kids to clean the house with getting to open a present early. SS is refusing since he doesn't want his presents because he isn't here often enough to play with him. Touché little dude, but take that up with your dad. Seriously considering taking his presents back since he doesn't want them anyways.
USBrit
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Since your own children are gone,(if I read that right). I would say that Hubby has lots of work to do this weekend with his children. I would make sure that I had lots to do by myself either away with friends, or alone some where, even my bedroom with a good book. Let him cook, clean and entertain....they are his children, not yours.

MrsGoody2Shoes
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Noway man. SO is going to have to put his foot down with BM and make her take her weekends. This same thing used to happen to my DH when he lived close to BM. We would make weekend plans and then BM would last minute say she wasn't picking up kids for her weekend visitation. He told her if she didn't use her visitation he would file for full custody. So she started picking them up and dropping them off at her parents for the weekend. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM
The thing is he WANTS them too.

Quoting MrsGoody2Shoes:

Noway man. SO is going to have to put his foot down with BM and make her take her weekends. This same thing used to happen to my DH when he lived close to BM. We would make weekend plans and then BM would last minute say she wasn't picking up kids for her weekend visitation. He told her if she didn't use her visitation he would file for full custody. So she started picking them up and dropping them off at her parents for the weekend. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this
And we are taking ss6. This is going to be fun. I think I'm going to stop at the liquor store and get a drank and put it in a fountain drink cup.
RitaTequila531
by JustMyEbbie❤️ on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM
ROTFL 😂

Quoting faerie75: And we are taking ss6. This is going to be fun. I think I'm going to stop at the liquor store and get a drank and put it in a fountain drink cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you. I feel the same way sometimes and all of the kids are biologically mine. DH and I have errands to run and are taking DD11. Why? Because it is just easier. Thankfully the other kids are staying home but if I come home to a mess I am going to lose my mind. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)