• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this
Earlier I posted something honest, looking for some advice and understanding possibly from some other SMs who understand. All I got for the most part was posts about how horrible I am and how horrible my DH must be. My SS is young and so I'm being told my DH obviously cheated on BM with me and I'm a homewrecker... And that is not the case. Instead of asking for the details I was judged immediately. I thought this was a place for discussion and friendship....to have a community. Apparently I was wrong.

:(

Would you want the same treatment in return? As I look at other threads I see the same thing happening to others. Judgement instead of advice. Cruelty instead of understanding. What's the point of posting if you're just going to be attacked?
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joie35
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Sometimes I question that myself...but not everyone I have encountered here has been judgmental and cruel. I have gotten some excellent advice and support from some...but the most vocal seem also to be the most harsh and unkind.
packermom4ever
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Who are you?

tottaxi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

People offer opinions based on their own personal experience.  IMO, the differing points of view help me to see things from perspectives different than my own.  I learn.  I grow.  I take the information that I find enlightening and use it and disregard the rest.

One must develop a pretty thick skin when we post our issues on a forum.  No one is going to sugar coat things for us and those that do...those that just give (((hugs))) really don't help much at all. 

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:40 PM
This is the risk you take when you air your dirty laundry online. There are some out there that will tell you the cold hard truth and you won't like it. There are others that will belittle you to make themselves feel better. You have to learn what to take from the comments and what to leave.
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM

How about if you don't have anything nice to say about a 3 year old child you stay away from that poor innocent baby.

whatIknownow
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I have no idea who you are or what your previous post was about.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

She hates her 3 year old SS. Somehow this poor child manages to beat her 9 month old child (who leaves a 3 year old alone with a baby?) and supposedly threatened to kill her 9 year old son in his sleep (which of course I don't believe for a second a 3 year old said "I am going to kill you in your sleep"). So she justifies her hatred for an innocent child who is obviously at the very least seeing major changes in his life with little understanding from the adults and at most being subjuected to an adult who hates him.

Quoting packermom4ever:

Who are you?

***Briterican***

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM

see my reply to Packer

Quoting whatIknownow:

I have no idea who you are or what your previous post was about.

***Briterican***

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Quoting soonergirl980:

She hates her 3 year old SS. Somehow this poor child manages to beat her 9 month old child (who leaves a 3 year old alone with a baby?) and supposedly threatened to kill her 9 year old son in his sleep (which of course I don't believe for a second a 3 year old said "I am going to kill you in your sleep"). So she justifies her hatred for an innocent child who is obviously at the very least seeing major changes in his life with little understanding from the adults and at most being subjuected to an adult who hates him.

Quoting packermom4ever:

Who are you?

Wtf? For real?

whatIknownow
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM

where is this post? I didnt see it.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting packermom4ever:

Who are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)