Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things SMC has taught me this year...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

This is a bit tongue in cheek and I can't walk due to my magnificent ability to screw up my ankle on a regular basis  so I'm bored. I've done these before and it's for fun... my fun, but fun still.

• Dad and Sm are the borg. One and the same. No difference. SM makes the rules, but should at least get dad on her page, not get on dad's 
  • Female children in a blended family are what are called "mini wives", not children. Children who act the same in an intact family are considered children. It turns out that mom isn't insecure about her child acting like a child.
  • Blended famililes can't figure out when to open their gifts on the holidays.
  • Stepgrands are required to look at their child's spouse's kids as their own grandkids or else they may risk losing a relationship with their own grandkids.
  • Facebook is the bane of all evil. At the very least it's right up there with money.
  • Being a mom is something just anyone can do and so mom really doesn't  matter.
  • Kids are still attached to homes and not the parents and once out of sight of the parent what the parent wants or says doesn't matter because that means they have some control over the kid... I mean house. Can't have that, now can we?
  • Dad's main job is to provide for his second family and that is why he can't do anything for his children. Mom needs to understand that he is an equal parent regardless of the fact that he either doesn't do anything or that he has his wife do it all (see number one where dad and Sm are the borg).
  • Mom and children are capable of making or breaking Sms marriage to dad. 
  • SMs should be  able to change a near grown child into someone of their liking. Like in the Taming of the Shrew only in real life that crap doesn't work.
  • That the Walking Dead is quite popular .
  • It's all okay if daddy says it is, implying that 2nd and 3rd wives have no brain.
  • People need a CO to tell them how to behave. Want to see your kids when the OP can't? You must have ROFR, not common sense. Your ex needs to you to help out a little extra financially with your shared children? What are they thinking?! That isn't in the CO!!
  • That the assumption that because mom has boobs she got custody. It may have nothing to do with the fact that dad lets Sm do his job because she has boobs and thinks kids are women's work or that his job is the reason he can't care for the kids on his time.
  • Every SM would love for her child to call another woman mom. Well, every childless sm would. 
  • That mom's live off of CS.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaseykaye
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Woooooo
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM

A person is never too old to learn something 'new'.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Basically.

I've also learned posters just want pats on the back in disguise of "wanting advice." There has been an increase in bitch posts this year when a poster didn't get what they wanted out of SMC.
jdrabbit01
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Excellent summary

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Best one yet! lol

Momniscient
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Lol
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I lol'd all through this!

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM
5 moms liked this

Cheese dip is for grown ups only! No cheese dip for sks!

whatIknownow
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM
3 moms liked this

WALKING DEADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

codysara
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM
It's very sad that the majority of what you posted I wold have to agree with as the regular mindset of several sm.. I'm guilty of a few..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)