Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

loving them as your own

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:41 PM
  • 111 Replies

Do you believe you can love a skid as your own? I find it insulting when step mothers claim to love them equal to their own kids. 

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Closet_Case
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I didn't give birth to her and watch her grow so it's hard for me to see her as my own, but I care for her like I would if I was watching over someone else's child trusted to my care.
pinklove0015
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Same here I find it insulting when someone says I love my skid as much as I love my own. Not only is it insulting but I find it would be insulting to the children as well. I don't love my bf's son like I love my own sons but I do care about the child. I want the best for him and for him to seek help for his jealousy issues. 

Quoting Closet_Case: No. I didn't give birth to her and watch her grow so it's hard for me to see her as my own, but I care for her like I would if I was watching over someone else's child trusted to my care.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't find it insulting at all. Each of us are different and our stepkds are different. I think it's great when a stepmother can love her steps as her own!

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't find it insulting.  I find it delusional.  There is no way any person outside of BF loves my DDs the way I do.

Lulu-mama
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I'm with you on this one. Its not that I don't love my step kids but it's a different kind of love, a different bond. And it's taken time where as I loved my own from the first positive pregnancy test. I'm pretty sure my step kids love their mom differently then they love/care for me as well.

Quoting pdxmum:

I don't find it insulting.  I find it delusional.  There is no way any person outside of BF loves my DDs the way I do.

happywifey08
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it depends. My BF barely knows me let alone loves me as a parent loves their kid. My DH loves DD very much and is adopting her. No two stories are the same.
CStarz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:02 PM
13 moms liked this

I absolutely believe you can love a non-bio child as much as a bio child. Do you believe adoptive parents love their children as much as bio parents?

Biology does not necessarily make a family- love, committment, being present and making the kids your priority is what makes family/ No child can have too many people who genuinely love and care for their best interests in their life. 

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been truly tested to see...but so far my love for SS12 has never waned simply because he isn't mine. In fact, sometimes I'm even more protective of him than my DDs.

I will say that I know my love for him is not the same as BM's was, nor the same as DH's. My love for SS is different than my DDs, but so is my love for each of them different from the other.

I've been 'CSM' of SS12 since he was 4.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Step mom will always side with and place her kids wants and needs before a step.
codysara
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM
6 moms liked this
Why would you be insulted by someone else's claim to love? Just because you cant, does not mean it is wrong for others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)