Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:09 AM
  • 27 Replies

I've been married 3 years and living with my husband since his daughter was 9 she's 14 now. She lives with us full time and sees her mom on the weekend. my SD has been actin up since I met her. But now she's much worst. Using drugs in school, having sex, and failing all classes. The reason I need help is because she has been stealing money from me and I don't know what to do. I've told her mom to see if we can all come together and help her. However her mom seems to think I don't want my SD in my house. On the contrary I really want to help her. But this is not the first time and it has been large amounts of money. We also found different drugs in her school bag and dresser.

please I'm asking for any advice and anything that I can do  to help her or even myself. I have a 9 month old baby and today I cried my eyes all day. I don't think that's healthy for me or him. 

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chanizen
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Lock your money up. Get a home safe. Pricey but not unreasonably so. Put away your valuables. Limit what you keep in the home. That will reduce or eliminate the stealing.

What is dad doing about this? Why isn't he bagging his kid if she has drugs or is stealing from his wife?
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
What is dad doing all this time? Why is money left out if she's doing these things? Why are you keeping large amounts of money around the house? When did she move in full time into your home?

DH needs to get her into a drug program if she's doing these things. Clearly you and he aren't equipped to deal with this on your own. She needs help, and counseling.
Veronicabnll
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM
He's not doing anything. I didn't want to lock up my things. I don't feel like I should live like a prisoner in my own home. No, I don't want money to continue missing, but I also don't feel the need to watch my every move in my own home.

Quoting chanizen: Lock your money up. Get a home safe. Pricey but not unreasonably so. Put away your valuables. Limit what you keep in the home. That will reduce or eliminate the stealing.

What is dad doing about this? Why isn't he bagging his kid if she has drugs or is stealing from his wife?
Veronicabnll
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:56 AM
I always keep my money at home and hardly ever keep it in the bank. We've tried counseling and nothing has happened. The dad is not doing anything at all, didn't even reprimand her. She's been living with us since day 1.

Quoting jules2boys: What is dad doing all this time? Why is money left out if she's doing these things? Why are you keeping large amounts of money around the house? When did she move in full time into your home?

DH needs to get her into a drug program if she's doing these things. Clearly you and he aren't equipped to deal with this on your own. She needs help, and counseling.
Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

If you want it to spend for yourself lock it up or put it in the bank. There's not a magic wand that will fix this situation. Your DH needs to firm up.

Quoting Veronicabnll: He's not doing anything. I didn't want to lock up my things. I don't feel like I should live like a prisoner in my own home. No, I don't want money to continue missing, but I also don't feel the need to watch my every move in my own home.
Quoting chanizen: Lock your money up. Get a home safe. Pricey but not unreasonably so. Put away your valuables. Limit what you keep in the home. That will reduce or eliminate the stealing. What is dad doing about this? Why isn't he bagging his kid if she has drugs or is stealing from his wife?

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

you can call the police next time moeny goes missing or drugs are found. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:38 AM
3 moms liked this
AYFKM?

Then let her keep stealing it.

#throws hands in air and walks away

Quoting Veronicabnll: He's not doing anything. I didn't want to lock up my things. I don't feel like I should live like a prisoner in my own home. No, I don't want money to continue missing, but I also don't feel the need to watch my every move in my own home.

Quoting chanizen: Lock your money up. Get a home safe. Pricey but not unreasonably so. Put away your valuables. Limit what you keep in the home. That will reduce or eliminate the stealing.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM
I know you don't want to but you should lock your money up. It's likely she's stealing money to buy the drugs, but I'm sure you know that. If you don't mind me asking what kind of drugs did you find? The problem is dad is not doing anything. If she's stealing money to support her habit she has a problem and it likely won't go away w/o rehab or some type of drug conseling.
wise.toes
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

put the money somewhere she cannot access it.

call the police when you discover drugs.

if your husband is doing nothing about it, i'd strongly consider leaving. do you have other children in the house?

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:28 AM
3 moms liked this

You don't want help.  You want everyone ELSE to change but you.  That's stupid.  Try nailing jello to the kitchen wall, you may have better luck than changing these people you live with.  You have a DH who doesn't do anything to punish his DD.  You don't want to change behaviors that you KNOW will keep repeating.  You have a DH who doesn't want to help his child.  Yet, you stay in this situation.  WHY? 

I'm out.  No one here can help someone who's not actually looking for help. 

Quoting Veronicabnll: I always keep my money at home and hardly ever keep it in the bank. We've tried counseling and nothing has happened. The dad is not doing anything at all, didn't even reprimand her. She's been living with us since day 1.
Quoting jules2boys: What is dad doing all this time? Why is money left out if she's doing these things? Why are you keeping large amounts of money around the house? When did she move in full time into your home? DH needs to get her into a drug program if she's doing these things. Clearly you and he aren't equipped to deal with this on your own. She needs help, and counseling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)