Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think of the post in another group....

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 PM
  • 42 Replies

where the BM is jealous of SM's kids because they get to do more than hers w the dad?

i think the kids should be provided a place to sleep, but i also think the poster is embellishing about that.... and the rest i think the SM has every right to care for her kids whatever way she wants.

i also think this is a case where BM fought tooth and nail for primary and is figuring out child support doesnt cover all bases (even though the ex is paying half her rent).

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KWIM
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM
I saw that one. I was astounded that she tried to get her ex to make SM tone down what she provides for her own kids and was upset that he didn't do it.
happywifey08
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Lol, sounds like she just has unresolved feelings all around. Who can blame her, the youngest kid is a year old, I think she said. I do agree that her ex should provide at lease one room in the house where the kids can sleep. I mean, there are 3 of them and one would assume the kids are going to spend some holiday vacations and at least half of the summer there. But for her own sanity she needs to worry less about what SM does with her own kids, and better her own life for her and her kids. SM is not responsible for the BM kids. I can see though, how it stings to have your (assumingly given the ages of the kids) very recent ex running around being super fun Dad and having a seperate family that is not including the kids he already has. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:43 PM
4 moms liked this

I think the kids should have a place to sleep but I think she is out of line with the rest. I am glad to see one of those BMs pop up because apparently they don't exist according to some here.

Boobear110
by Audra on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM

What's the name of the post, please? 

Jillian17
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM

What type of things? If its dinner every night or something like that I'd say shes crazy. 

But if its a lot of really cool fun things that the father is doing with his stepkids and not his own, I would understand where she is coming from. Any major event or activity we do, we make sure all kids are there.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sure BM fought for majority custody so obviously most of Dad's time will end up being with his family at home and not with her children.

Quoting Jillian17:

What type of things? If its dinner every night or something like that I'd say shes crazy. 

But if its a lot of really cool fun things that the father is doing with his stepkids and not his own, I would understand where she is coming from. Any major event or activity we do, we make sure all kids are there.

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

Jillian17
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Thats understandable then that most day to day things would be done with skids and not his own kids; such as dinner time, homework and ECs. But if they were planning a weekend getaway or a trip to an aumsement park, something like that, I think it would be appropriate for them to make sure his kids were there to be involved.

I also think that Dad (if in the same general area) should make a point to be at his own kids EC's over his stepkids. My DF will usually pick up one of his kids on a night that isnt his just to drive them to an EC. Or go to a practice (on a night that isnt his) that most parents drop their kids off at just to be able to watch his kid do their thing. Also on these nights, Im probably driving both my kids back and forth like a crazy lady on my own instead of getting the help from DF. But Im doing what should be done for MY kids and he is doing what should be done for HIS.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

I am sure BM fought for majority custody so obviously most of Dad's time will end up being with his family at home and not with her children.

Quoting Jillian17:

MySunshine220
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Its not things Dad is doing for them, their Mother is doing for them and Dad happens to be there as well...I dont think the SM should have to change what she does for her own children because BMs feelings are hurt. From my own personal experience, If I so much as bought a sock for my sd, bm would be all over dh telling him how Im not her kids mom. Nevermind a freakin horse lol. Maybe she feels bm would not like her to do those sorts of things so she doesnt. It would be much different if they have the kids more often but they only have them 4 days a month. I dont only do cool stuff with my kids four days a month....

Quoting Jillian17:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM

i bet he wanted more time though. i could be wrong.

i think she said they divorced when she was pregnant. i admit that would hurt. my ex did that and it did hurt.

Quoting happywifey08:

Lol, sounds like she just has unresolved feelings all around. Who can blame her, the youngest kid is a year old, I think she said. I do agree that her ex should provide at lease one room in the house where the kids can sleep. I mean, there are 3 of them and one would assume the kids are going to spend some holiday vacations and at least half of the summer there. But for her own sanity she needs to worry less about what SM does with her own kids, and better her own life for her and her kids. SM is not responsible for the BM kids. I can see though, how it stings to have your (assumingly given the ages of the kids) very recent ex running around being super fun Dad and having a seperate family that is not including the kids he already has. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:58 PM

"i am jealous of my kids step siblings" or something like that. in a group i think everyone is in....

Quoting Boobear110:

What's the name of the post, please? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)