Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court Order discrepancy?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:13 AM
  • 62 Replies

bm had texted dh last week about wanting to take ss to the circus during winter break in feb.  dh told her that we already had plans and that was a no go and that it would be better for her in the future to schedule events on her scheduled time.  (high conflict sitch...dh wants to stick 100% to the c/o as to not cause a shit-storm). 

yesterday she texted him back saying she does have winter break with ss and she will take ss.  she also asked dh to come along because her boyfriend is out of town. ok that was weird but the c/o that dh has states that father has child on odd years during winter break. 

is it at all possible that the courts gave out 2 different parenting plans?

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

No, it's not possible.  Isn't the Feb break called Spring Intercession and Winter Break is in December?

Paradoxx
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:16 AM
Doubt it. DH can go to the court house and request a copy just to make sure.
bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:20 AM

no ma'am.  fall break is in sept...then thanksgiving break...christmas vacation...winter vacation in feb...spring break in april ...and then summer vacation in may. 

i was just making sure though.  i thought it was weird that she asked him last week...then yesterday starts telling him that she has winter vacation and clicks a pic of a partial paragraph stating "mother has winter break on odd years".  dh pulled out his copy last night and it stated the opposite.  he even pulled up the final decree online to double check (he saved an electronic copy from the lawyer). 

extra weird that she would lie like that then...

Quoting WifeyC:

No, it's not possible.  Isn't the Feb break called Spring Intercession and Winter Break is in December?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I figured all of GA called it the same thing.  Our winter break is in December and spring intercession is in Feb.  I didn't know the school was allowed to use the word Christmas haha.

I would ask her to send you the entire copy of what she has because his says something different.

Quoting bertaboo1:

no ma'am.  fall break is in sept...then thanksgiving break...christmas vacation...winter vacation in feb...spring break in april ...and then summer vacation in may. 

i was just making sure though.  i thought it was weird that she asked him last week...then yesterday starts telling him that she has winter vacation and clicks a pic of a partial paragraph stating "mother has winter break on odd years".  dh pulled out his copy last night and it stated the opposite.  he even pulled up the final decree online to double check (he saved an electronic copy from the lawyer). 

Quoting WifeyC:

KyBballMom
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Very strange. Yes, make her show you the entire document.
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Wow! That's a lot of breaks. We get 3.
bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:40 AM

lol...we are south of A-town... super country...but yea...the school i think called it "semester break" but the c/o actually says "christmas"

dh did...she refuses...says he has the same copy and she isnt his secretary.  seriously...? 

Quoting WifeyC:

I figured all of GA called it the same thing.  Our winter break is in December and spring intercession is in Feb.  I didn't know the school was allowed to use the word Christmas haha.

I would ask her to send you the entire copy of what she has because his says something different.

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting WifeyC:

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:42 AM

yeah...i dont like it personally...the kids start back to school early in august...they miss a month of summer!  it is so hard to get a kid to bed at a decent time when it is still daylight out!  not to mention homework!  no one wants to start homework when it is lovely outside!

Quoting SassyMom25: Wow! That's a lot of breaks. We get 3.

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Why doesn't DH send her the electronic copy he has and point out that his copy states that he has winter break in odd years if she won't send her copy? Any chance one of them has a copy of the draft CO instead of the final CO?

My CO is like yours, calling Christmas break as Christmas while the school uses winter break. Spring break is Easter in the CO (we don't have separate weeks here but we also begin after Labor Day).

It may be worth a call to the lawyer our a trip to the courthouse to verify that DHs copy of the CO is the current copy (unless that could be found on line in your state/county - that's not accessible in mine on line).

What have they followed in previous years? Does DH have proof she took odd or even years in the past? Maybe he can point that out to BM?
bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM

this is a new c/o (as of May of last year).  previously ...bm and dh were 50/50 with dh only having fathers day and no holidays.  that was written by bm and dh and filed when ss was 1 almost 2.  the thing is...her pic text that was sent yesterday...didnt look like the same font writing...nor was it in the right place on the page.  i would have expected it to be uniform you know?

Quoting jules2boys: Why doesn't DH send her the electronic copy he has and point out that his copy states that he has winter break in odd years if she won't send her copy? Any chance one of them has a copy of the draft CO instead of the final CO? My CO is like yours, calling Christmas break as Christmas while the school uses winter break. Spring break is Easter in the CO (we don't have separate weeks here but we also begin after Labor Day). It may be worth a call to the lawyer our a trip to the courthouse to verify that DHs copy of the CO is the current copy (unless that could be found on line in your state/county - that's not accessible in mine on line). What have they followed in previous years? Does DH have proof she took odd or even years in the past? Maybe he can point that out to BM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)