Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i crazy?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM
  • 31 Replies
Hi, We finally all went to dinner tonight with very strained Skid dynamics (13, 17 and 18). Steen girls talked about bm and her wedding ring and dress a good bit of time. It was really bs to me and i left with my BSon. My hub thinks i should not be upset. Opinions??
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NBVP1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:40 PM
There isn't really enough info provided for anyone to have an opinion...
kaseykaye
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM
More info is needed... if Bm just recently married, her kiddos have the right to be excited. Is Bm a trigger?
mrsd2013
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM
I think you will need to get used to hearing about bm. Especially from teen girls and with a weeding in the mix. So no I don't think you should be upset.
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed, more information needed to know if you're crazy or not.  Were they directing their conversation towards you?  Comparing BMs wedding dress and ring with you/yours?  Suggesting that BM did things right and you didn't? Are you and BF married? If so, how long have you and BF been married?  How long have BM and her new DH been married?  How long have BF and BM been divorced?  When you say 'finally all went to dinner tonight', do you mean you haven't 'all' been able to go before?  Or in a long time? (if so, how long?)  What's prevented it before now? 

If it was simply the topic of conversation, perhaps ignoring it or changing the subject to a topic ALL at the table could discuss would have been better, or start a new/different conversation with someone else NOT involved in the BM wedding dress/ring conversation.  I'm often at family gatherings where more than one conversation is happening, it even happens when not with family.  It's ok.  Really it is. 

kellynh
by Kelly on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:41 PM

You need to develope a thicker skin. So what if they talked about her, just make comments like, "That's nice, or sounds pretty." At those ages with teens.... If they know it will bother you, they will do it again and again and again. Every time they are peeved at something or another. Just ignore and be the bigger person.,

WickedPissah
by 2Sexy4MyStoma on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:58 PM
The kids were talking about something they liked.

Would you be upset, if your bson was boring dh, and he just upped and left, I bet you would.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Did she just get married?

Did you just get married and were they comparing yours to her?
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm..what exactly were you upset about? Teen girls talking about a wedding, especially their Mom's sounds pretty normal, was it something else?

XXanonymousXX
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:54 PM
I agree, the minimal information sounds normal. But, if they were being jerks and trying to piss you off why make it so easy and leave in a huff?
wise.toes
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

my opinion? if you get butthurt over your stepkids talking about something that is exciting and interesting to them you are so not cut out for the SM life. 

i'd be FURIOUS if my partner just walked out on a family meal because he couldnt' handle hearing my children talking about their dad. ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)