Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:11 PM
  • 38 Replies
Alot of you know that BM took DH to.court for contempt and lost, whike owing us close to $1000 in med costs for SD. BM claims she's making payments to the hospital directly, but has only paid $80 in total. She was supposed to pay us directly but the judge let it slide, irritates me but oh well.
Receive an email from BM over a med bill from about a month ago. Tells us in the email to be sure we pay her directly and not the Dr.
I know its not a huge deal, just can't stand the demanding, inequality, and entitlement this woman has.
Called the office to at least see if she made any payment towards the bill, she paid it in full... $198 but refuses to make timely payments towards our med bills on SD and flat out refuses to pay us directly.
Just pisses me off.
*Grabs checkbook*
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

SO would tell her about herself.

she owes us some small amount of money for us buying shoes on her turn and football. so SO told her that he was not helping her w the kids phone bill or ss6's after school care until we were square. ^shrug^ no fucks.

if she doesnt let him claim two of the kids as promised, he is not going to help her w ss6's after school care for awhile.

i know some wont agree but, its not court ordered, she gets support and dumps the kids on us all the time so i dont give a shit.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell her you will take $99 off what she owes you.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats what I would say. and then I would write a check out to the medical bill she owes you guys

Quoting WifeyC:

WickedPissah
by 2Sexy4MyStoma on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Maybe she wanted to be up to date with the current, while making payments on the other.

You'd be mad if she paid it all or the other in full and not the current.

Either way both is being paid.

As long as dh is paying his, you shouldnt be so fixated about it.
kaseykaye
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:29 PM
The last we did that we had nothing but issues. When we were in court at the beginning of the month, this very thing was a huge issue and is the reason she is being double paid, or CO monies she's already slid on.
Her owing us, a bill coming up that we owed on, taking off the amount to be paid to her, with documentation, only for her to be CO that money.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Thats what I would say. and then I would write a check out to the medical bill she owes you guys

Quoting WifeyC:

kaseykaye
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:34 PM
The CO states the parent that owes has 15 days from the date of the email of the bill to have their amount paid in full. There is no cap on amount.
Knowing she doesnt have the money to b pay out one lump sum, we never even brought it up. We understand needing to make payments.
However, prioritizing your own, much smaller bill, over a much larger bill in other peoples names, that you owe on is rude. Also the only reason she paid it in full was to be paid directly, making sure we dont pull the same as she did and.pay the source directly. This, she stated at court, that she will always pay in full, to receive reimbursement personally....

Quoting WickedPissah: Maybe she wanted to be up to date with the current, while making payments on the other.

You'd be mad if she paid it all or the other in full and not the current.

Either way both is being paid.

As long as dh is paying his, you shouldnt be so fixated about it.
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:06 PM
I think the difference here is that BM had paid the doctor's bill in full already. In that case, it makes sense for you to pay her directly.

It does not sound like the hospital bill has been paid in full. I know my CO requires the bill be paid before asking for reimbursement. So of the bill is not fully paid, she would have to pay the hospital, or wait for you guys to pay off the bill before you get reimbursed.

I'm really not sure why this is upsetting you. It sounds like either way, the bill gets paid.
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:13 PM

And, in this case I think BM is smart.  She paid the bill directly, so there is no negative reflection on her from a creditor standpoint.  If she's late playing XH back, no one but her and you know this. 

What would happen if you paid your bill in full then demanded that she pay you back personally?  What would she do if there wasn't the option to pay directly to the provider?  If your CO states that it's to be paid within 15 days, stick to that or take her to small claims court to recover the rest if necessary (if that's an option where you live). 

Quoting kaseykaye: The CO states the parent that owes has 15 days from the date of the email of the bill to have their amount paid in full. There is no cap on amount. Knowing she doesnt have the money to b pay out one lump sum, we never even brought it up. We understand needing to make payments. However, prioritizing your own, much smaller bill, over a much larger bill in other peoples names, that you owe on is rude. Also the only reason she paid it in full was to be paid directly, making sure we dont pull the same as she did and.pay the source directly. This, she stated at court, that she will always pay in full, to receive reimbursement personally....
Quoting WickedPissah: Maybe she wanted to be up to date with the current, while making payments on the other. You'd be mad if she paid it all or the other in full and not the current. Either way both is being paid. As long as dh is paying his, you shouldnt be so fixated about it.

KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:18 PM

First, if the hospital bill isn't paid In full then pay it in full. If it's not, then yes it's appropriate for BM to pay the hospital herself for her half. Why wouldn't she? In our sitch DH is primary so the insurance and bills are all under his name so it's his credit on the line. He would never allow the other parent to affect his credit so he pays all bills upfront and submits the invoice and proof of payment to BM to be reimbursed. When done this way, and BM has refused to reimburse, DH got a court judgement including attorney fees with no problem when the amount was over $1500. Courts generally don't want to see small amounts of money squabbled over.

if he owed BM for something then he would just deduct that amount from what BM owed. I'm not sure what is your exact issue in your sitch?

happywifey08
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Maybe your DH and BM need to get a new CO regarding this issue. You post about it a lot and it is confusing to follow just as an outsider. Maybe a simpler and new agreement needs to be made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)