Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Winning

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:52 AM
  • 15 Replies
My "win" this week was when DH was "invited" along with his dad to go to his youngest sons' boy scout ceremony.

I am happy that for the time being, the parents have peace with the kids. or a detente, as it were.

So yeah, I bitch about the BM in my stitch because she is a special breed of cat (cough) and the ways it impacts my life, but ultimately I want the kids to be good, the parents to parent, and me to enjoy my DH and the kids special brand of "kid-ness" ( mini DHs and their quirks lol) and be just me.

So ladies- what was your "win" this week?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:46 AM
3 moms liked this

my win-I woke up before Princess-therefore mommy can enjoy her coffee in peace!!

SRL_45
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Our win- we have the moey to start the ourt process! 

Pero4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this

DD's big win was to get placed at today's showjumping ... mine was that she didn't fall off and break anything! That's good enough for me any day!

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:01 PM

2015 has been a winning year overall so far, 2014 sucked, but I feel blessed that we all made it to 2015. My son has finally started to shine, DD seemed to have been the star and we kept comparing DS5 to her and he always seemed a little behind, not as fast, I knew boys sometimes mature slower but it was still worrying. 

I also ended the week with my mentee finally get a paid internship, it could mean a great opportunity for her.

As for stepland, it was a stepfree week.

luckystars2012
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

DS is self weaning to the point where I no longer have to pump during the day.  

codysara
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 1:25 AM
My xbil terminated his rights to my nieces, now my bil can start the adoption process :)
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My win today? I have been replacing my small appliances because I decided I needed more pops of color in the kitchen. I have navy walls, white trim and black and stainless large appliances. I decided the red in all my Italian chef decor was what I wanted. I found and bought a new red can opener, Keurig, electric grill, blender, food processor and crock pot. I love them.

I hid the receipts, DH would die. He still has the mindset that we be "po". We aren't, by a looooong shot. I gave my old stuff to SS22!and his fiancé. They will appreciate and take care of all that higher end, fairly new stuff. Most of it was only about 5 years old and all of it was very gently used and very clean.

My win though, my pretty new toys!
MBanks524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:22 PM

My win was getting some time out with sd and the other littles ones just having fun.  My dh stayed home filing taxes to make sure to beat my ex at filing, so we don't continue to get audited because we both file for the kids.

Free-Bird
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 1:08 AM

Mobile Photo

No stepmom win this week but I bought our new baby boy some of his first things!
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 2:09 AM
My win today, YDD woke up fever free and I got to watch the Super Bowl with my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)