Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh crappy day already

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

SO went to the doc week before last and they told him he has high blood pressure and put him on meds. he took that ok, he wants to lose weight.

well he also asked the doc about his snoring and waking up at night choking and they ordered a sleep study. he picked up the device yesterday and did it last night. turned it in this morning. turns out he wakes up like 89 times an hour and needs a CPAP machine.

he is ALL UPSET about it. straight talking about how he never should have gone to the doc and he rather not know hes going to die -_- i am sorry he is upset, but really?

then he said he should call BM because she works for a pulmonary doctor. i was pissed, but i just said "if you think it would help." then he got all testy. well what the fuck? if he wants to cry to BM do so. shes a worthless piece of shit when it comes to the kids, what you want from her? the best part is, she would probably try to be all going out of her way in THAT instance. but i didnt say shit..... i just said if he thinks it will help.

then he called back saying sorry.

lawd help me.

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:10 PM
I'm sorry, that sucks. DH has sleep apnea and tried to use the CPAP machine. He hated it. He said he felt like he slept worse w/it. He still managed to snore like hell w/the CPAP too -_-

I guess your SO is just stressed although, I'm w/u idky he would go cry to BM about it lol. At least he appologized for getting pissy.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:12 PM

well maybe he will hate the CPAP but he needs to try it. 

he is researching he says.

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really get what BM could tell him that his actual doctor hasn't. That sucks about the sleep apnea. Losing weight generally improves or completely resolves it.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:40 PM
He has a belly but he's thin everywhere else. But I know belly fat is the worst lol

Quoting runinpinkshoes: I don't really get what BM could tell him that his actual doctor hasn't. That sucks about the sleep apnea. Losing weight generally improves or completely resolves it.
tottaxi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Lots of people use CPAP machines.  Losing weight will probably help him.  It would bother me that in what he deems a life crisis his knee jerk reaction is to call BM.  I'd question whether there is deeper meaning behind that.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:44 PM
I was pissed but there isn't.

Quoting tottaxi:

Lots of people use CPAP machines.  Losing weight will probably help him.  It would bother me that in what he deems a life crisis his knee jerk reaction is to call BM.  I'd question whether there is deeper meaning behind that.

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:48 PM
It is, but not generally for sleep apnea. Usually sleep apnea is because the fat is everywhere, neck and chin etc. Must be related to the snoring, I don't know enough about it. :) My mom has it, but she's pretty big everywhere.

Quoting faerie75: He has a belly but he's thin everywhere else. But I know belly fat is the worst lol

Quoting runinpinkshoes: I don't really get what BM could tell him that his actual doctor hasn't. That sucks about the sleep apnea. Losing weight generally improves or completely resolves it.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:50 PM
My mom has it too and uses a cpap. My mom is chunky but hot huge.

SO also has a deviated septum from his ahem... Life from 87-95.

Quoting runinpinkshoes: It is, but not generally for sleep apnea. Usually sleep apnea is because the fat is everywhere, neck and chin etc. Must be related to the snoring, I don't know enough about it. :) My mom has it, but she's pretty big everywhere.

Quoting faerie75: He has a belly but he's thin everywhere else. But I know belly fat is the worst lol

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this

okay the BM issue I can't help with (Sorry)

as far as the high blood pressure-I've been dealing with THAT since October (And I have the bills to prove it)

Your man needs to make some changes-nothing major-just a few tweaks here and there

-multi vitamin once a day

-a few more cups of water-just try 8oz before each meal

-a few more fruits and veggies-even if he does fruit juices like V8 Splash

-easy on the takeout/processed crapshit

-watch portion control-if he's eating 2-3 LARGE meals-trim it down to more smaller meals-maybe a few light snacks

And the biggest thing is exercise...DH's dr suggested that if he's sitting on the couch-watching tv-you can do leg lifts while watching tv-or situps.

If my daughter can do this with her bad leg-so can your man.

He needs to get plenty of sleep/keep his stress down (easier said then done)

GOOD LUCK!

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Ahh, gotcha 😉

Quoting faerie75: My mom has it too and uses a cpap. My mom is chunky but hot huge.

SO also has a deviated septum from his ahem... Life from 87-95.

Quoting runinpinkshoes: It is, but not generally for sleep apnea. Usually sleep apnea is because the fat is everywhere, neck and chin etc. Must be related to the snoring, I don't know enough about it. :) My mom has it, but she's pretty big everywhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)