Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

snow day & skids

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:24 PM
  • 44 Replies

so we had a snow day and normally SD would have been going to school and then to BM's for the night. But since it was yucky out. I took the day off of work and stayed home with all the kids, kept SD another night, and took her to BM the next day. Which ended up being another snow day, but I needed to go to work. So my kids went to inlaws house and SD went back to BM. I dropped her off at nine and by noon BM was calling to see if I could come get her. apparently SD was being hateful(BM's word).  I told her no I'm working and my inlaws have my kids so they probably won't want to come in town(our town(inlaws live in same town) is 20 mins from BMs). so I waited a few hours, got some work done, and left early and got SD and took her home with me. 

how do snow days work with you and the skids? do you keep them when the weather is bad? 

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AKMomma79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Ahhh if only AK had snow days, lol. Usually though if SO's kids are out of school he takes the day off to care for them. BM's excuse is that her job is "more important" than his, it's not she just doesn't want to do more than a few hours in the evening unless its convenient for her. When my DD was younger and we lived in WA I was always home with her when school was out for bad weather.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Hell no unless the kids are already with us and we're in state of emergency-they stay with BM.

She's a cafeteria lady in SS's school-therefore if the kids have a snow day-she does too and stays home.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

SD lives here 99% of the time. Plus, I'm a SAHM. So, if there's a snow day, SD stays home with me. If the weather is super nasty DH will work from home so we get in extra family time.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Whatever is safest.  If the kids are with us, they stay with us, if the kids are with their other parents, they stay there.

But this isn't about snow days is it?  This is about demonstrating why BM is a worthless mom and you should be Mom.

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:24 PM

nope all about snow days. 

Quoting pdxmum:

Whatever is safest.  If the kids are with us, they stay with us, if the kids are with their other parents, they stay there.

But this isn't about snow days is it?  This is about demonstrating why BM is a worthless mom and you should be Mom.

mama_church
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM

It depends on where they're at.  We live an hour away from BM.  So, if they're here, they stay here.  If they're there, they stay there.  BM is SAHM and I work early mornings and nights, so it's never a big deal when it comes down to who has to work.

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:59 PM
During snowpocalypse 2014... i was thankful that wimter break let out and ss was with bm during that week for a few reasons. ..1...I75/85 was backed up so bad people abandoned their cars...if dh an ss was makimg that treck north of Atlanta. ..there is no telling how long they would be stuck...2 ...dh was called in to work round the clock those 4 days so he wasnt even home... 3...by day 2 dd and the neighborhood kids had worked my nerves so hardcore i was ready to pop...lol

I wonder though...has anyone ever "demanded" their parenting time during a disaster sitch? Could the op take you to court (contempt) for not driving kids in treacherous conditions even though it is the other parents "time"?
LovePhotoBug5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM

We don't have snow days - but we did have a severe storm day - and SD stayed with her SF - we were hoping to get her the night before since there was to be flooding all day long. But BM stood her ground and didn't seem to "care" that the school wanted to keep kids safe - and not on the road. So I had to leave work in floods and drive to pick her up. There was no flooding the night before.... We made it safe.... but it was stressful being on the road with everyone else and lots of water (especially since DH had been in an accident the night before - and couldn't drive, which is why I had to leave work).

wise.toes
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM

lmao her own mother called you asking if you could come get her?

wow!! 

i live in a city equipped to handle snow. it's very rare to have an actual snow day..

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Not like that.

We don't have snow days bit of we did I wouldn't be missing work for them. SO and BM would have to take turns.

If by the grace of God I stayed w m own kids a day and offered to keep skids too, BM knows better than to fuckin bug me again the next day. Maybe she would bug SO but not I.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)