Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frustrated

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:30 AM
  • 34 Replies

I am frustrated w my ssons bm.she does not want me attending any parent teacher conferences.I understand her veiw on this.I have been in his life a little over 1 year he is 6years old.I feel we step parents play a very important roll with the kids in our lifes.

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fedupmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Why are you frustrated if you see her point?  Also,  what is the custody situation?  And,  why do you think you need to attend PT confrences?  

FrankieR
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM

If DH wants you there, 2 separate conferences is the best solution. BM has one and DH has one where you can attend. It's very common even if a SP isn't involved. 

FreedomTruth
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Why cant dad go and just let you know what is discussed? What is the custody arrangement?

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

You do not need to go to a parent teacher conference as you are not a parent.

***Briterican***

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
If BM doesn't want you at parent teacher conferences, it's likely she doesn't want you having the role you feel you should have.

To spare yourself some drama, I'd let this go.
MySunshine220
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately no we dont, you can only play the role BM will allow. Every bm sp situation is different. But most bms dont want sm involved because your ss already has a mom, as in he doesnt need two. Not really a reason for it. In my experience, its like a relative's kids or best friends kid coming over, you dont parent them. My kids have a SM that I get along with very well and she does do some of the parenting as her dh works a lot of hours. That works for us, but with my SD I do no type of parenting and am almost not at all involved.  The sooner you stop trying the sooner you will have way less stress.

KWIM
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM
6 moms liked this
Damn. I had such high hopes when I saw the title spelled correctly...
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:40 AM

You have been in his life a little over a  year but are you married to the BF or are you just dating still? 

Why do you feel the need to be there? 

SPs can play a very important role in the lives of the child(ren) but that doesn't mean a SP needs to be in 'every' role. 

FrankieR
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:40 AM

LOL. Me too! 

Quoting KWIM: Damn. I had such high hopes when I saw the title spelled correctly...

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:54 AM

What she said.

Quoting fedupmama:

Why are you frustrated if you see her point?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)