Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So we tried it....and I'm burnt out! EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM
  • 52 Replies
If you've read my previous posts, there are issues between my sd now 13 and dd6. My sd is very rude and selfish towards her. So, taking her psychiatrists advice we created a behavioral chart for them to earn points to cash in for rewards.

Friday was the first day we tried this. The girls went upstairs to play, and we told sd she needed to share first if they were going to play. That's what the psychiatrist told us to do. Then I hear yelling so I go up to hear my sd telling my dd "he's not your dad or your step dad, now go away I don't like you and I'm not playing with you anymore" turns out my dd said something about my dh and that he was her step dad and sd went off.

So we talk to them and it turns out when they went to "share" sd only got out some stupid little monster high vanity to play with and no real toys. Apparently the weekend before she had taken all her monster high dolls to bm, without asking, so she didn't have to share. She then lied and said bm told her to do it.

We called bm and of course she said no such thing. So she was punished for not sharing and lying. We took away her iPod for the weekend. Sd then lost her shit and started screaming, crying, saying she wants to go home. A huge bs temper tantrum basically.
I'm just so sick of her shit. She is the most selfish child I have ever met. I'm trying not to give up but this is my last effort. If this new behavior chart doesn't work then my dd and I and infant son will not be here when sd is. We have her every weekend.
What also really pissed me off is dh didn't act like it was a big deal and it didn't even piss him off she was being a lying selfish sneak.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I guess this is mostly a vent. Questions and comments welcome.

EDIT-Since everyone keeps saying this. We do not force the girls to play with each other. Idc if they play with each other. Sd is very immature for her age and still plays with dolls. So yes they do play with the same things. What were wanting is if sd wants to play with dd's toys then she needs to share hers too.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampHarris
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I certainly wouldn't put up with temper tantrums from a 13-year-old.  

That said, I also wouldn't ask a 13-year-old to share her toys with a 6-year-old.  What kind of "toys" does a 13-year-old girl even have?  My daughter is 12 and her days of having "toys" are long over.  Which sucks when it comes to holidays and birthdays, lol.  

happywifey08
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do you continue to let them play together unsupervised?
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Why is a 13 year old being forced to play with a 6 year old?

jessi19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:52 PM
Sd is extremely immature and wants to play with my dd and her toys she just doesn't want to share hers.

Quoting CampHarris:

That said, I also wouldn't ask a 13-year-old to share her toys with a 6-year-old.  What kind of "toys" does a 13-year-old girl even have?  My daughter is 12 and her days of having "toys" are long over.  Which sucks when it comes to holidays and birthdays, lol.  

jessi19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:52 PM
Sd is extremely immature and wants to play with my dd and her toys she just doesn't want to share hers.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:53 PM

1 is 13 and the other is 6-they're on 2 different levels....my sd is 13-her younger sister is 7-they dont share anything-they have their own toys/items/belongings

so I dont see how a 12/13 should have to share her toys with a child half her age.

Now is DD your DH's child?! or is he SF? Dad needs to tell his daughter that he IS,in fact, dad/SF to your daughter whether SD likes it or not.

She needs to accept there's another child in the home that is a part of Dad's life. If it's a matter of lack of attention/affection, then maybe dad can step up and be there for SD more.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:57 PM

it doesn't sound like she wants to play with her, but if it's an issue don't allow them to play together unsupervised.

Quoting jessi19: Sd is extremely immature and wants to play with my dd and her toys she just doesn't want to share hers.
Quoting soonergirl980:

***Briterican***

CampHarris
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:58 PM

My SD10 is like that with my son (8) sometimes.  He wants to play with DS's stuff but never allows DS to play with his stuff in return.  It consistently hurt my son's feelings because he's more than willing to share and does all the time.  It got to the point where I told my son (and SD) that they will play with their own toys and that's IT until SD learns to share because I was sick of seeing my son break down in tears because of it. And SD is slowly becoming better at sharing now that he knows he can't have it both ways.

Quoting jessi19: Sd is extremely immature and wants to play with my dd and her toys she just doesn't want to share hers.
Quoting CampHarris:

ardan85
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:59 PM
Blending families is a difficult thing. He is sd with the baby?
ardan85
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:59 PM
How
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)