Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a post featured in MC and apparently I'm an evil stepchild hater!!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:43 PM
  • 20 Replies
Just wanted to share. I posted a vent last night when I was pissed at Dh. He's stuck on seconds for 6 more weeks. Well, we're trying to get a routine that works for getting ss to school.

The earliest we can drop him off is 6:20. I have a 35 minute drive to work. And so I told Dh that he needed to figure it out!!

I didn't add in that post that I'm picking ss up from school every afternoon, doing homework, and all that jazz. It's just me, ss and dd all the way til bedtime.

Buuuuut, everybody jumped to the conclusion that I shouldn't have married my Dh if I didn't want to be a parent and all those nuggets of wisdom... Thoughts?
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM
That is MC for you, lots of thoughtless drivel.
dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:02 PM
It was pretty entertaining! I had to remind myself that those are the same women who flip their shit when sm willingly has a relationship with her step kid 99% of the time :)

Quoting leegirl_jm: That is MC for you, lots of thoughtless drivel.
Agentmom4957
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha! Welcome to cm! Where our motto should be...damned if you do, damned if you don't. I swear, when I was struggling knowing that my ss needed counseling and bm pulled him out and dh didn't say anything... i was told it's not my business. Basically butt out. Eh....who knows...
dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh hell no! I would have said something, but I'm the worst sm ever when it comes to keeping my mouth shut.

Bm and I butted heads for a looooong time, but we've came to this beautiful understanding that I'm never going to be mom but that I love ss very much and that I want what's best for him. Once she figured that all out, we've gotten to where we communicate about issues better than Dh and bm do. We (all 3 of us) communicate through a group text about ss, that way everybody is in the loop. It's pretty amazing.

Quoting Agentmom4957: Haha! Welcome to cm! Where our motto should be...damned if you do, damned if you don't. I swear, when I was struggling knowing that my ss needed counseling and bm pulled him out and dh didn't say anything... i was told it's not my business. Basically butt out. Eh....who knows...
chanizen
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Mc is troll infested. Half the women in here are just trying to stir people up to impress their bitch group friends
dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM
It was pretty funny. I mean, I thought telling Dh to deal with it was completely reasonable! :)

Quoting chanizen: Lol. Mc is troll infested. Half the women in here are just trying to stir people up to impress their bitch group friends
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Its really easy for non-SMs to be really righteous about what they would do. But you're right, you can't win. You're either overstepping or you hate his kids. :/
dawnnamarie
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Exactly!!
But I'm not too worried about it. I used to worry a lot about what everybody thought. Once I stopped worrying about whether I was stepping on toes and stopped thinking about how bm felt, my relationship with both ss and bm actually got better!!! It doesn't make any sense, but it works

Quoting runinpinkshoes: Its really easy for non-SMs to be really righteous about what they would do. But you're right, you can't win. You're either overstepping or you hate his kids. :/
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:02 PM
Good! I still tend to worry too much what people think. :)

I had a post on here go kind of viral and got attacked too. It was stressful! People sure can be mean online.

Quoting dawnnamarie: Exactly!!
But I'm not too worried about it. I used to worry a lot about what everybody thought. Once I stopped worrying about whether I was stepping on toes and stopped thinking about how bm felt, my relationship with both ss and bm actually got better!!! It doesn't make any sense, but it works

Quoting runinpinkshoes: Its really easy for non-SMs to be really righteous about what they would do. But you're right, you can't win. You're either overstepping or you hate his kids. :/
Agentmom4957
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:34 PM
I did say something! But when i posted here...a lot of people said it's not my business. Butt out, etc. Not your responsibility or your job. But when it comes to stuff that we put our foot down on...you get the 'bad stepmom' wrap.

Quoting dawnnamarie: Oh hell no! I would have said something, but I'm the worst sm ever when it comes to keeping my mouth shut.

Bm and I butted heads for a looooong time, but we've came to this beautiful understanding that I'm never going to be mom but that I love ss very much and that I want what's best for him. Once she figured that all out, we've gotten to where we communicate about issues better than Dh and bm do. We (all 3 of us) communicate through a group text about ss, that way everybody is in the loop. It's pretty amazing.

Quoting Agentmom4957: Haha! Welcome to cm! Where our motto should be...damned if you do, damned if you don't. I swear, when I was struggling knowing that my ss needed counseling and bm pulled him out and dh didn't say anything... i was told it's not my business. Basically butt out. Eh....who knows...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)