Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:37 PM
  • 25 Replies
How soon were you introduced to your step children?
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I met them before I met DH.  Somehow I don't think that's typical. 

DirtBikeWife1
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Child care?

Quoting WifeyC:

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM
DH and I had been dating for 6 months, and were discussing marriage. I would've put it off longer though - I was SO nervous.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM

T ball

Quoting DirtBikeWife1: Child care?
Quoting WifeyC:

DirtBikeWife1
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:43 PM
How many kids? What ages?

Quoting runinpinkshoes: DH and I had been dating for 6 months, and were discussing marriage. I would've put it off longer though - I was SO nervous.
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:44 PM
3. They were 12, 10, and 7 at the time.

What about the kids in your situation?

Quoting DirtBikeWife1: How many kids? What ages?

Quoting runinpinkshoes: DH and I had been dating for 6 months, and were discussing marriage. I would've put it off longer though - I was SO nervous.
vandysm13
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Earlier than I wanted to. I wanted to wait 6-8 months. Met BM1 4ish months after we started dating. Met his daughter with BM1 shortly after that. Met his other daughter when she was 3-4 months old, we had been dating about 9 months. Met her mom "officially" shortly after that. 

happywifey08
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:55 PM
I am BM not SM. Dh met DD after 3 months and i knew marriage was in our future. Before him none of the men I dated met her. My ex otoh thought every chick he met was "new mommy" so who knows how many women he brought around her before disappearing.

A friend of mine waited 6 months before introducing her DD to her SO and they are moving in together on their 2 year anniversary. She had a bad divorce with her exh (not bd) and took things very slow this time around.
CampHarris
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM

I met them about a month after we started dating.  But we were basically inseperable, and between having my kids all the time and him having his two nights per week and EOWE (and us living about 40 minutes apart), it made sense to do things with all of the kids together.  His kids were 6 and 8 and mine were 4 and 8.

DirtBikeWife1
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM
I've know the son before the parents even divorced. He rode at a dirt bike track I run. I didn't meet the daughter till after we were dating for a few months. But I did call BM when he asked if I wanted to meet them. I wanted to make sure she was ok with me meeting them

Quoting runinpinkshoes: 3. They were 12, 10, and 7 at the time.

What about the kids in your situation?

Quoting DirtBikeWife1: How many kids? What ages?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)