Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BMs toothfairy needs to die...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:28 PM
  • 80 Replies
When I was growing up, the toothfairy left change and the occasional one dollar bill.
I thought this was the norm.

Dsd lost first tooth at BMs and found an array of small gifts, $10 and candy under her pillow. Now dh feels he has to do the same or better.
I feel its ridiculous. I dont want my dds to recieve such bountiful goods when they start losing teeth, nor do I want them to feel like the toothfairy dislikes them.

Anyone go through shit like this?
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenm5314
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah no, maybe for the first tooth because it is a big deal to lose that first one but that's about it! My son gets $3-5, depending on how well behaved he's been and what cash I have in my wallet lol
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully the novelty will wear off by the 3rd or 4th tooth, lol. Lucky kid!
terpmama
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
We get a 2 dollar bill for the first one and then $0.50 piece for the others...
whatIknownow
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM

This is not a BM problem, it is a DH problem.

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:28 PM

The tooth fairy here sucks and barely shows up....

glad I don't need to compete.

child_of_fire
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:02 PM
4 moms liked this
When DSD started losing teeth, she lost four or five in a row over here, so we got to set the standard. At the time, BM was working for a fancy makeup company and when DSD finally lost one over there, BM wrapped the money in a VERY fancy limited edition makeup bag. It was really cool. I'm embarrassed to say that my first thought was, "Shit, how am I going to replicate that?" Then I realized-- I don't have to. DSD asked why she only got the little bags at her mom's, and DH and I played dumb-- "I don't know, maybe it's her last stop of the evening?" That satisfied DSD, bought us a couple more years of belief in the tooth fairy, and allowed BM to have something special. That's OK. Maybe your tooth fairy isn't as elaborate. It's OK for BM to have something special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
ha ha my parents weren't born here so I never had a "tooth fairy"..

when I read the title of this post I had a vision of a tiny fairy going out walking dead style...

Yup, one of those Mondays. lmao.
Agentmom4957
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM
3 moms liked this
How is this a 'dh problem'? Why r we so quick to throw up our hands and pawn off everything to our dh's... maybe they r just as lost as we r in all this. :)there's nothing wrong with getting feedback from this site and report back advice to dh to help with a situation.

I think it's just a question of how to handle this. My thoughts are...maybe it's so over the top because it's the first one? See how the second plays out. And honestly, there's no competition. Kids don't believe in tooth fairies as long as they used to. They will catch o. To bms ploy. Just give the kid a buck or something reasonable if they lose it at your house. Same as you would give your kids

Quoting whatIknownow:

This is not a BM problem, it is a DH problem.

mom2boys664
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Kids at school will have tooth fairies that bring more money and presents too - you cannot make everyone conform to your idea nor can you compete. Do what you think is appropriate and explain that the tooth fairy does her best but has so many teeth to collect that it's not always the same. In our house the tooth fairy is sometimes so busy that you have to leave your tooth under your pillow the second night for her to arrive, lol. We usually do 2-5, I know others that do 1-2 and others that do 5-10, it's all different.
chanizen
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't figure it was a competition. Nor would I expect bm to tailor her tooth fairy to my needs. I would just roll with it. Mole hill. Not a Mountain. No need to make it one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)