Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a holiday and I should be happy not depressed

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm just venting! We are heading out as a family and I feel like an outsider. Earlier this morning I go in kitchen and everyone exists until I leave out. And before we leave for a family outing skids all say bye, as if I was not coming along. It hurts that both dd and I have to endure this. Maybe one day things will get better
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM

How much of that is your own making?  Why would your skids think you are going with them when you either leave the house or stay in your room when they are over?

where were they going?  Have you ever gone with them there before?  Did you have fun then?

How long have you been married and living with skids?

Parismomof2
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Not sure where you're going with this, but we normally do family outings every other Sunday when they are here. And I stay in my room because they are sometimes nasty. Whenever I get that feeling I will just allow dh and kids to be together. They come to spend time with dad.

Quoting pdxmum:

How much of that is your own making?  Why would your skids think you are going with them when you either leave the house or stay in your room when they are over?

where were they going?  Have you ever gone with them there before?  Did you have fun then?

How long have you been married and living with skids?

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, I'm confused.  Your post from yesterday talks about you being under a dark cloud when skids come over.  That you retreat to your room or leave with your daughter.  That there has been drama with BM and with skids.  You explained a bit about the BM drama but not really with the skids.

As far as the family outings, is this something you always do with them every Sunday?  Do you ever just stay in your room and not go?  Do you think they were being purposefully mean when they said good bye to you as they left for this family outing?  Where were you all going?

What happened in the kitchen earlier that made you feel left out?

Are the kids really awful to you or is it that everyone is just still getting used to each other and is uncomfortable?

What is the main issue and what do you want fixed?

findingpeace201
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
To hell with that. Take your child and go to a movie and lunch.
pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry OP.

You can bust your ass as a SM, try too hard... or fade into the background... how the skids view you is out of your hands..

But you... how you feel... and how to make yourself feel "better"... you can control that.

Find your joy today.. anything.. push for it, for you and YOUR kid. Big hug.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Its your home, own it. Do what you would do if they weren't there.
Parismomof2
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Really needed to hear that!

Quoting pusheen-kitty: Sorry OP.

You can bust your ass as a SM, try too hard... or fade into the background... how the skids view you is out of your hands..

But you... how you feel... and how to make yourself feel "better"... you can control that.

Find your joy today.. anything.. push for it, for you and YOUR kid. Big hug.
Parismomof2
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Thank you. From now on I will do this.

Quoting leegirl_jm: Its your home, own it. Do what you would do if they weren't there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)