Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I couldn't keep my mouth shut today...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:00 PM
  • 118 Replies

BM tried keeping SD from SO this weekend by dropping SD off early at his parents home and telling SO's parents that IF they gave SD to SO then they would never see SD again. Luckily SO's parents know not to interfere with SO's parenting time because they have had this issue once before. SO went and got SD for our time with her this weekend. Well SO called BM today to let her know that she would need to pick up SD today at their agreed location from him at 6pm (SO can only leave a voicemail because BM has blocked his number from her phone). Well BM goes off because she agreed with SO's parents that they would meet at 4pm since today is BM's bday and Easter. Of course SO's parents did not inform him of that. When BM finally got back to SO it was literally 15mins til the time BM wanted SO to meet her. So SO was unable to get there in time obviously. After a ton of texts and fighting SO finally got BM to agree to 6pm at the normal drop off location. I still was with SO because we had been visiting family and I usually just mind my own while they quickly exchange SD. However, tonight BM decided to scream (with SD in her arms) "I hope you fucking wreck and die you fucking bastard" .... I about died. We literally was just pulling out of a parking spot and I made SO stop and rolled down my window and went off. I have never spoke to this woman and I try to stay out of things... But seriously you are going to say that in front of your 3 year old child.. I could not contain my anger. I do not care how much you hate the other parent that is completely UNCALLED for. I got told that she hopes I die as well.. But like I told her IDC! You can want me to die all you want, but never say that shit about your child's father with her right there in your damn arms.

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
packermom4ever
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM
7 moms liked this
You "went off" after saying it wasn't okay for her to. Mom saying that isn't okay, neither was you going off.

Amber070815
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

My "going off" was literally... Are you kidding me? why would you ever say something like that in front of your child about her father...  After she told me to "Fucking die" I told her I didn't care if she wanted me dead, that was no way to speak about her childs father in front of the child. I didn't cuss her or saying anything horrible to her. I was almost speechless that someone would actually say something like that infront of a small child and be okay with it. I know my nose should not be in their bussiness, but something like that was way out of lines.

Quoting packermom4ever: You "went off" after saying it wasn't okay for her to. Mom saying that isn't okay, neither was you going off.

Agentmom4957
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Ha!! Sounds kinda like my Thursday!!! I can't stand parents that do that in front of the kids. It's only hurting the little people....

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

You all sound very young.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:38 PM
3 moms liked this
If you choose to go off in front of the kids at her for going off in front of the kids it really makes no sense.
progressandjoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:29 PM
3 moms liked this

I can almost guarantee you that all the child is going to remember about this incident is that SM screamed at her mom.

Obviously, there were some issues prior to the drop-off, so you should have been prepared for more drama. If you have a hard time keeping calm and biting your tongue, you should stay far away during pick-up/drop-off times.

We're all human and sometimes we do/say stupid things in the heat of the moment, but you stopped a moving vehicle so you turn around and ‘go off' on BM ... That just as bad as what she did. If the child was your concern, why did you ‘go off' on BM and egg her on even more?  

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I would've kept my mouth shut and looked like the bigger person.

I know it's hard in the moment, but don't stoop to her level.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you recognize that you lost control which is understandable considering what BM said. Hopefully next time, you will handle that type of situation in a calmer more controlled fashion.

I have seen mothers here say they would get violent with a spouse over hurtful words so going off isn't all that horrific in comparison. The child is 3 years old, so they won't remember any of it.
Free-Bird
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree with this.

OP, I understand you thinking "are you kidding me?!" but by calling BM out on her behavior - you just helped to escalate the situation in front of the poor child. I know it's hard to bite your tongue but what you did, did not change a thing so it really wasn't worth it. You may have felt better for a moment by getting that off your chest but SO's daughter had to see even more drama and screaming.

Quoting runinpinkshoes: I would've kept my mouth shut and looked like the bigger person.

I know it's hard in the moment, but don't stoop to her level.
codysara
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM
3 moms liked this
I would have a problem with anyone telling my SO that they wish death upon them, especially in front of ss..
going off may not have been the best way to describe it.. but it sounded more like you called her out on being a bad mother..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)