Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I say I am done?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM
  • 63 Replies
done fuckin cooking for these kids?

They don't like my cooking, fine. They prob would eat some of it if SO backed it up consistently.

I work full time. I am done wasting my time cooking for kids who won't eat it.

I made a comment today and SO spoke up all "what! I like your cooking!" But it doesn't look right for me to cook what we will eat and then get some warm up shit.

For Easter dinner I made a ham, green salad, Mac and cheese and rolls. 2 of the kids wanted top ramen.

I'm done wasting my time. BM makes them eat what she cooks, SO gives them an out. I'm not down for food battles, I really don't give three fucks what they eat but I am tired of making enough for them cuz they never eat it.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup627
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM
4 moms liked this
How about your dh cooks when his kids are over? Then he can deal with cooking for everyone and being disappointed when the kids want to eat junk instead
Agentmom4957
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to start putting your foot down girlfriend. I see all your posts about SO being a pooper and not sticking up for you with the kids. I get that you are 'only stepmom' but isn't this YOUR house?? I was always taught that, no matter whos house I was in, 'my house, my rules'. And I would obey the rules in each house I was at. 

This is a struggle for me with picky eaters in the house. His kids, not my guy. I try to simplify meal times, make things they will eat, but I make it so I like it too. And I tell them, 'Here's what I cooked for you. So this is what you eat.' 

I understand that you 'don't want to discipline' his kids, but it's totally ok to enforce your own rules and regulations in your own home! And I understand that you are diengaging, but these are people in YOUR home. Why should they run the roost when they're the kids?? 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:24 PM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here, put this sign up in your kitchen
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:32 PM

I stopped cooking altogether for that very reason. Then my DH started doing all the cooking.

runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I no longer make dinner on nights my step kids are there. Just say, "I'm not cooking dinner for the step kids anymore because they don't eat it and I don't like wasting food".
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Dad should take over the cooking.
chanizen
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I cook the meal I am cooking. Them that don't like it are welcome to get a sandwich. If there is rudeness involved I don't allow kids to be rude to me.

I think my typical response is: "please explain to your father why you think it is ok to be rude."

Then, in a quiet moment tell him that you are not cooking tomorrow. He is.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:51 PM

I actually have a sign very much like this that SD13 made me.

It says "Momma's Kitchen-Eat What's Served, Or Make It Your Damn Self!"

Quoting Leigh84:

Mobile Photo

Here, put this sign up in your kitchen

Bellatrisque
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM
*Applauds*
stepdiva
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM
That would piss me off too. Let him feed them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)