Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD: She loves me she loves me not

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM
  • 4 Replies
There are days when she loves me and days when she doesn't but I have to say she's been worth every down we've experienced, and believe me there have been some experiences I didn't know a parent or step parent ever had to deal with lol and then there are the moments like the other day when she tells me " leah im so glad you are the one that has stayed the longest I love you" yes those moments make the journey of being in step parent land worth it. We went from her straight dislike of me, to her coming around because I'm honest with my feelings and I talk to her about how she makes me feel or my kids. She also knows I have a nice voice and I have a straight up your pushing my buttons voice when she tries to talk to me or kids or dad with attitude or disrespect. From what I've read here in other posts im luckier than most with my relationship with her and I won't be taking t for granted
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
That's wonderful that you have a good relationship, and that the good times outweigh the times that were/are less so.
CampHarris
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely cherish it.  SS10 was like that with me at first, thankfully SS12 still is and we only seem to get closer every day.  But I do miss the old days when both of them were still loving and sweet to me, lol.  

Leahlenora81
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We went from don't look at my dad don't touch my dad don't come to our house "conversations" to her accidentky calling me mom and telling me she loves me lol. We even had a note under our bedroom bathroom door that sparked our boundaries convo. I knew it wasn't going to be an easy transition for either of them they went from two person household to seven and I honestly thought about waiting to move in together until all the kids were grown but he talked me into it and a year later we are much closer and even though it's been harder it's been nice having her dad back me up if I feel she's being rude or disrespectful and he has helped immensely with my own lil monsters ;) just feel extremely lucky we both can be on same page for our kids

Quoting CampHarris:

Definitely cherish it.  SS10 was like that with me at first, thankfully SS12 still is and we only seem to get closer every day.  But I do miss the old days when both of them were still loving and sweet to me, lol.  

Lea2004
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

There are going to be rough times in any relationship.  A step parent/child relationship is no different.  I think the key to having a healthy relationship with step kids and/or step parents is accepting that nothings perfect and embracing things how they are.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)