Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prom 2015

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM
  • 42 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here is my DD, all dressed up in her Princess Barbie dress. She was trying to put her boyfriend's boutonniere on his lapel. I'm waiting on the professional pictures. I used this one because the boyfriend's face is turned away.

Anyone else have to deal with prom recently? I don't even want to think about how much money I spent.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckyinlife
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:47 PM
Cute dress. I have at least ten years to go before we cross that bridge, thank goodness!
whatIknownow
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Yup, we bought my SD a $400 dress that THEN had to be altered for another $120.

If I knew how to black out her face I'd post the pic.

It was a ridiculously beautiful dress and worth every penny.

I'm a sucker.

FrankieR
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:54 PM

First of all, DD is beautiful and I love her gown!

Yes, I paid for everything for SS to go to prom,, then got a phone call the day before prom saying he couldn't attend because he has a tardy which meant he had to do a detention. :(

They could have let me know ahead of time or let him do the detention the following week. But, NO. Just No prom, that's it. His GF was so upset she called me crying =(

FrankieR
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

DD also went to her first prom! She had a great time (= She just went with a group of girlfriends.. She's a freshman and a tomboy like me at that age (=

We went together and had manis/pedis done together then picked out accessories and got her hair done. Of courst I bawled like a baby after she left!

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:07 PM

she looks gorgeous!!

I only have a few more yrs til Princess has prom-her school does them in middle/high school each yr vs jr/sr year.

My mom spent close to $800 on my prom and that was in 2000!

I don't think my siblings went to their proms....so next up is SD14 in a few yrs and DD.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Her dress was $520. Luckily no alterations needed at all. The front just hovered above the floor with her shoes on.

I'm a huge sucker too. About $700 total.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Yup, we bought my SD a $400 dress that THEN had to be altered for another $120.

If I knew how to black out her face I'd post the pic.

It was a ridiculously beautiful dress and worth every penny.

I'm a sucker.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:15 PM
This was HIS senior prom. DD still has her jr and sr proms to go.

I feel for you buying dresses in a decade. They are STOOPIT expensive now so I don't want to think on what price tags you will see. Ouch!!

Quoting luckyinlife: Cute dress. I have at least ten years to go before we cross that bridge, thank goodness!
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:18 PM
Here there are the yearly homecoming events the an 8th grade formal. We have Prom for jr and sr class only.

I'm glad there is just one girl.

Quoting Tigress22304:

she looks gorgeous!!

I only have a few more yrs til Princess has prom-her school does them in middle/high school each yr vs jr/sr year.

My mom spent close to $800 on my prom and that was in 2000!

I don't think my siblings went to their proms....so next up is SD14 in a few yrs and DD.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

She is beautiful!!!!!!

Mine are not quite old enough for prom. DD14 got asked (just a friend/date) but we aren't comfortable with letting our 8th grade daughter go to prom with a junior. Maybe next year if she gets asked lol.

Free-Bird
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:27 PM
Your daughter is gorgeous and so is that dress! She definitely looks like a brunette Barbie! No prom prep over here though - all I've got are little ones.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)