Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Invaded privacy

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM
  • 87 Replies
Why would birth Mom move Right in front of were we live? We spoke to my SS and made it clear we don't want any back n forth that he needs to be in a schedule. My stepson said that he tried to look over were we live at from his balcony to see if he could see our cars now I feel like they are going to know our every single moves! Why would she move in front of us?

Maybe all of you are right that no back n forth is exaggerated. I have kids and would not mind the back n forth with friends! I just feel like there is so much tension in the house when SS is here due to the fact that he does not care for a relationship with anyone in the house. He has stold from us and other things and we can't have him coming back n forth especially when we are not home because his family had tried to break in our home n rob. His family from his mom side which I mean her cousin that's her husband claims his a gangmember so we were upset that they moved in front of us. Not that I give BM headspace!
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM

idk, sorry :/

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Because it's a place to live?
Eternity807
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

We moved close to BM for the sake of SS.  Maybe that's why she moved too.  It makes pick ups and drop offs a lot easier.  And if he forgets something he can just run over and get it.  We're both close to his friends and activities.

luckyinlife
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she wants to be closer to her child?
luckyinlife
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
How old is SS? Why shouldn't he be allowed to move freely between houses so long as schoolwork is done and meals and bedtime are in the correct house? Is he also not allowed to visit friends?
vandysm13
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM

BM1 lives right down the street from us & it's been amazing. It means SO's daughter is only a short walk away, less driving for pickups/dropoffs. But we're all friends (SO actually co-signed on her lease lol), so there were never going to be any problems with that, it just makes barbecues easier... is BM hostile in your sitch?

CampHarris
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I would be bothered (annoyed, even) if BM moved in right across the street.  Thankfully she's too high brow to live in "the slums" of a townhome complex, lol (we live in a VERY nice part of town... just not nice enough for her).

That said, if fate dealt me that crap card, I wouldn't be bothered with SSs going back and forth.  I WOULD be bothered by having to see BM more than I already do though, lol.  

DisabledVet
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You'd have to ask her. If you're worried about privacy, keep your curtains closed. Maybe she just thought things might be easier if you were closer together.

bonusmomoftwo
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be okay with that either.
jess23tlp
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM
We don't get along ... I have tried to be nice and talk to her for the sake of my SS but she is not that type of person. She never cared to get to know who I was and I'm the one around her son most of the time when his around! She just started talking crappie about me since day 1 I started dating my husband!

Quoting DisabledVet:

You'd have to ask her. If you're worried about privacy, keep your curtains closed. Maybe she just thought things might be easier if you were closer together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)