Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Step son lies and my husband believes him over me.

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok, I have been married for a little over 6 months now. My husband has a child, I have two. I recently joined him at his home and let go of my townhouse rental property. Since the marriage I have noticed my step son has been acting out a little with being "attention deprived" by his father, as he has to now share the attention of his father, 3 ways (with my two). For the most part things go well. But lately my step son has undermined me with causing a scene and crying (literally) to his father when I tell him he can't do something. For the most part we agree with me telling him no on things. But there has been a few instances where he is allowed what he wants. To note, the mother hates me and is obessesed with my and my husband's relationship (not over it) and is a pathalogical liar. Mind you this child has been through a lot with sexual molestation and witnessing his mother's unstable behavior with random boyfriends and partying and getting "drunk" in front of him.

One weekend afternoon ( I guess I told him no about something? Can't seem to remember) he blantenly lied to his father telling him I sad bad things about mommy to him. My husband didn't even ask but just went to me and asked why I said those things. My mouth dropped. I have no earthly idea where this came from or how it arose. Now my husband threatens divorce and wants me to "pack my shit" and has called me "crazy". His defense is high and with the verbal abuse I have just about had it. He claims he is going to see a marriage counselor this week. I am praying.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nborkowski289
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Does this ever get easier? When step children lie?

reynab27
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow... I'd run for the hills & thank god hes showing me this before years of constant blame & uncalled for arguments. I went through this before I'll be brutally honest... im glad I got away.
nborkowski289
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM

I just hate it for my children. :-( They really liked him and aside from all the verbal abuse lately he has been great to except a woman with two children on top of his own. But I don't think I can handle the blame game when it comes to his child's lies.

amanda.lyn
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:24 PM
:-( sorry
luckyinlife
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Holy crap! Why are you still there?
WickedPissah
by 2Sexy4MyStoma on May. 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM
How long were you with your dh before getting married?
How old is ss? Your kids? Do your kids see their dad?
Who molested ss, is he in therapy?
How much preparation did ss have until you moved in?
Bonita8790s
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Have you thought about actually leaving him?
AKMomma79
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM
5 moms liked this

I have a problem with that statement below bolded and in red. He has been great about accepting a woman with 2 children on top of his own!!! REALLY?!?!?! He knew going in that you had 2 kids correct? He didn't have to accept it if he didn't want to, so that's a load of shit. He knew what he was getting into, did he not?

I'd rather put my kids thru a divorce than have them living for years with a verbally abusive jackass!

Quoting nborkowski289:

I just hate it for my children. :-( They really liked him and aside from all the verbal abuse lately he has been great to except a woman with two children on top of his own. But I don't think I can handle the blame game when it comes to his child's lies.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Please leave, don't do this to your children.

Coconut0812
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Your relationship with your husband is going to serve as a role model for your children's future relationships. Don't show them that verbal/emotional abuse is okay. Leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)